Who Manufactures Invicta Watches?

Who Manufactures Invicta Watches?

Postby koimaster » April 4th 2019, 10:03am

An interesting read.

Not Invicta.

Invicta watches are outsourced offshore to some manufacturers, many of whom are in China and some in Japan and Switzerland. That makes me wonder if Mr. Trump's 35% tax might apply to imports of the company's products.

Today, industry analysts say that Invicta has the highest visibility and popularity of any watch company in the world. I can believe it. People consider it an American watch company since it has headquarters in Florida. Interesting enough, they don't manufacture their watches.

Like most watch companies in the current era, Invicta watches are Asian. When I say Asian, I mean made in China. Of course, I expect some flack from this, but then I remain an investigative reporter. Tracking down who does what in the watch industry doesn't present many challenges other than time.

The old, original Swiss Invicta (as opposed to the Florida-based one with the same name) failed during the Quartz Crisis in Switzerland, 1974-82. Before the two largest Swiss holding companies merged to form the Swatch Group, Ltd., the Swiss Invicta Company occupied third place in gross sales among the industry. Keep in mind, that company failed.

Shortly afterward, the company in Florida obtained the brand name similar to how the Swatch Group purchased the Hamilton brand name from a failed Swiss Company. Invicta of Florida can make you believe it's the famous Swiss watch company.

Note this reference:

Invicta Watch Group trades on the name "Invicta Watch Company" which was a company founded in 1837 by Raphael Picard in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The Picard family had owned and operated the company which produced Swiss mechanical timepieces until the quartz movement revolution in the early 1970s.

In 1991, a United States-based investment company* purchased the Invita brand. The corporate headquarters of Invicta located to Hollywood, Florida, where the company also operates its customer service call center.
Invicta Watch Company designs their watches and has them made by a variety of contractors. Since China manufactures 98% of world's watches, you can make a relatively safe bet that part, if not all of any manufacturer's watches have China in them.

Who is "the investment company"?

Invicta Capital Management, LLC is a privately owned hedge fund sponsor.

Invicta Capital Management, LLC's top industries are "Industrial And Commercial Machinery And Computer Equipment" (sic 35), "Electronic And Other Electrical Equipment And Components, Except Computer Equipment" (sic 36), and "Measuring, Analyzing, And Controlling Instruments; Photographic, Medical And Optical Goods; Watches And Clocks" (sic 38).

The founder is Mr. Gregory Allen Weaver CFA. He founded the firm on April 1, 2008. Before this, he served as the Senior Vice President at Kern Capital Management LLC, and as its Senior Investment Manager and Principal since 2001 and 1997 respectively. He is the Chief Executive Officer.

Mr. Daniel Capozzo CFA is the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Compliance Officer

The company's offices are located at:

60 East 42nd Street
Suite 2005
One Grand Central Place
New York, NY 10165
United States

Enough with back story

Several discussions exist on watch forums about who does what and what's what. Much of the discussions involve an alpha male watch guy and honest people attempting to find information about the watch they purchased. So, let's clear-up a few details.

Swiss watch manufacturers discovered how to position themselves in 1985 as they emerged from their economic crisis caused by Citizen and Seiko seizing the market with quartz watches. The Swiss simply used historical references and pushed a luxury brand management technique. Some of my research led me to discover organizations buying defunct companies and holding up banners saying they were formed in 1791. That's prestige marketing, which Asian watch companies didn't have until they, too, began buying defunct Swiss companies.

I have an example of a watch perceived as Swiss. It even has the Swiss symbol as part of its logo and markings on their watches. Marketing is perception.

http://www.asian-watches.com/2014/12/is ... stion.html

Who makes invicta watches.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Who Manufactures Invicta Watches?

Postby foghorn » April 4th 2019, 10:12am

Don't we already know this?
I think you have to back to at least 2007 to find a decently built Invicta.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Hawk » April 4th 2019, 10:14am

Methinks he might be overstating the brand's reach. While perhaps disproportionate to reality even the apparent perception of the brand's reach falls on its ass. Anecdotally in most of SE Asia and selected small parts of China if one inquires about an invicta one will be looked at as though one has three heads.

They dominate three markets without dispute: the number 3 of 3 home shopping network, selected outlet malls and rest stops on the Jersey thruway - maybe a coin-op vending machine or two in Oregon. The outsized perception might be aided by a dozen or so current or former WGs landing in watch forums and presenting an outsized target. And, of course, their and Evine's own fevered imaginations.

One exception: Invicta had an ad on the side of a bus in Kowloon - but this might be expected as many are made there.

The company is, perhaps fortunately, tightly held and private. So much is conjecture. But when it comes to worldwide brand recognition I've been served well by TB's motto: "Prove It".
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » April 15th 2019, 12:01pm

invicta capital.JPG
https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=98964765

thewebsite http://www.invictafund.com/ is a parked website and can be purchased.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Hawk » April 15th 2019, 1:00pm

I wonder if Invicta Capital Management was perhaps totally unrelated to Lalo-invicter. IWG holds a trademark applicable only to watches and similar products. I suppose it's possible they're no more related to IWG than the Invicta Gold Stars football club, the British automobile, the Invicta locomotive or the motto of Kent, England. The word "Invicta" is just too common for IWG to be connected to every conceivable use.

Cecil: legend has it that Bill Gates tried to trademark "Windows" and the presiding judge said "Get the fuck outa here - it's too generic. I didn't follow the appeal. https://www.zdnet.com/article/we-own-wi ... microsoft/
/Cecil

More interesting (and more fully bullshit) is the fascinating story of Flame Fusion. It's the fusion of amorphous glass and crystalline sapphire under heat and pressure. It's made solely by Invicta in at a factory buried deep in the Thorbordin mountains in Northern Switzerland. Modern chemistry holds that such a fusion is impossible as the glass would act as an impurity of sufficient quantity as to prohibit the sapphire's crystallization. In fact, the resultant fucking, steaming mess would not likely even be transparent.

That Invicta perfected the process is notable enough but even more notable is that they kept it strictly in-house for use on their exclusive line of Swiss watches despite the best efforts of Zeiss, Nikon and Corning to purchase a manufacturing license. Rumor has it that Corning purchased tons of Invicta product to harvest and produce the glass in Cameron's deep submersible.

As much as Flame Fusion(c) is magic from the Star Trek universe it's but a part of the magic which is Invicta which has, at various times, produced 100% natural sandstone from resin and sparkly bits, glow-in-the-dark-a-little Tritnite as a by-product of a Chinese superfund site previously used only for fresh-water mother of pearl and time-travelling grandmas.

Why, despite all this magic, I remain skeptical of the claim "...industry analysts say that Invicta has the highest visibility and popularity of any watch company in the world" is something I have no rational explanation for other than it smells like bullshit.
...bobbee
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby svaglic » April 15th 2019, 1:50pm

But, how did Granny Lalo design the original Russian Diver if the family didn’t own it back then?

:npkjp,:
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » April 15th 2019, 1:51pm

Not me.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby Hawk » April 15th 2019, 2:14pm

svaglic wrote:But, how did Granny Lalo design the original Russian Diver if the family didn’t own it back then?

:npkjp,:

Hence the time-travelling grandma alluded to above. Only a small piece of evidence suggesting the magic of invicter.
...bobbee
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » April 15th 2019, 8:13pm

"Today, industry analysts say that Invicta has the highest visibility and popularity of any watch company in the world. I can believe it."

Who the fuck has ever written or said that other than pacerguy, mortus, Jim Skelton, and Blubby The Trailer Renter? I mean, ever?
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Hawk » April 15th 2019, 8:32pm

TemerityB wrote:"Today, industry analysts say that Invicta has the highest visibility and popularity of any watch company in the world. I can believe it."

Who the fuck has ever written or said that other than pacerguy, mortus, Jim Skelton, and Blubby The Trailer Renter? I mean, ever?

It's occurrence in an article that otherwise directed the light of reality on Invicta is indeed puzzling. Only two sentences out of the total yet they stand out like a turd in a punchbowl.
...bobbee
Hawk
ASSHAT

Return to Invicta