Introducing myself here:

Introducing myself here:

Postby 790rivers » February 13th 2018, 4:24pm

Introducing myself here:
I found my father's Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay 5J22-0B69 in a drawer after he died in 2005 and it has kept constant and nearly flawless time ever since. Recently I became so interested in Grand Seiko that I bought a 6145-8010TAD on ebay and am very happy with it, succumbing to a little symbolic patricide in the process. It is the first quote-serious-unquote watch I have ever bought, maybe the last. Trying to learn more about the 61GS, hunting for manuals and schedmatics, led me to this forum. Happy to be here.
790rivers
790rivers

Re: Introducing myself here:

Postby koimaster » February 13th 2018, 4:40pm

Welcome to the forum of the insane. We try to keep everyone entertained here, feeding time for the zoo is 7PM EST since some of us are still waking up on the west coast.

https://issuu.com/watchlords.com/docs/g ... _collector

The link above will take you to the watchlord Issuu site where there should also be a lot of information on watches as well.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: New members - Introduce yourselves

Postby 3Flushes » February 13th 2018, 4:44pm

Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

P.S. There is likely to be some, uhh, shoe squeezing regarding your intro- although you made the effort to post one- being in the wrong spot. A good sense of humor and a cup are recommended equipment to survive the ritual hazing around here, a sacred WL tradition- just remember it's all in good fun. Pretty much. Usually.

If you're looking to learn a little something about watches and horology, you've come to the right place!
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Introducing myself here:

Postby bedlam » February 13th 2018, 4:47pm

3Flushes wrote:Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

P.S. There is likely to be some, uhh, shoe squeezing regarding your intro- although you made the effort to post one- being in the wrong spot. A good sense of humor and a cup are recommended equipment to survive the ritual hazing around here, a sacred WL tradition- just remember it's all in good fun. Pretty much. Usually.

If you're looking to learn a little something about watches and horology, you've come to the right place!

I said hello too but the post disappeared and I have deleted my post.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » February 13th 2018, 4:47pm

Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

EDIT: See- not even here a few hours and you've already had a post re-directed to the proper forum.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » February 13th 2018, 5:00pm

Welcome to the asylum, sir..you will be assimilated..resistance is futile..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » February 13th 2018, 6:33pm

Hidey-Ho! GS is a serious watch for a serious collector. One who can appreciate substance over hype.

Good call.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to Welcome! Introduce Yourself