Watchlords, not the warm and fuzzy forum

Stickys, Announcements and TOS are here

Watchlords, not the warm and fuzzy forum

Postby koimaster » February 22nd 2011, 8:58am

Not now, not ever will this place be like watchgeeks nor any other sponsored forum. This site was set up to get away from forums where sponsors had a hand in what could be posted. We are self moderated which means, the adults police themselves. Watchlords treats adults as adults, which means you act like one.

For those who come from other forums, do not continue to act as if you are at that forum. Posts with OMG will be laughed at and the poster reamed. Posts whining about your health, your dog, or your fuzzy rabbit will be moved into the geek forum where they belong. This place is neither an Invictafest nor a hot bed of Shopnbc worship. It is a watch forum with a lot of information about……. Watches!

Do we take shots at Shop and Invicta….. “You betcha!” If it were not for places like this, the Dubois-Depraz threads would be buried forever. If it were not for places like this, the truth about fake sandstone dials would not have been exposed. There is a long list of issues that Watchlords and the members here have exposed and will continue to bring to light.

Is that all this place is about? Well the answer to that is look around in the forums. A lot of videos and watch related articles and links. There are many members here with years of collecting experience that are more than happy to share that knowledge without looking down at you. We have members here who have very little knowledge also but if you want to learn more about horology, I think this place may help you.

If you come to this forum to push Invicta, be forewarned that members here, many who own Invicta watches, will bare their collective teeth. Kool aid drinkers need not register here. There are other forums for that. In the suggested sites forum is a list of them. They may be more suitable for you.

At watchlords if you take a stand, you had better be prepared to defend it with facts, not conjecture. Do not post something such as “Such and such company is using fake Alligator bands” without proof. If you do, the membership will force you to defend that claim. Do not come here because you are upset that your good buddy at some informercial channel is no longer at Wallyworld. Do not come here to act like a troll because you will not last long.

To become a member here you must have a verifible ID elsewhere. All current members of any watch forum are welcome here but remember, this is not a warm and fuzzy place. We call a spade a spade. The members here are a great group, many banned elsewhere for being members of what some poor butt hurt person called a cesspool.

We have two admins here, Watch Noob who is a great person to work with and me. In addition, for those who do not know who I am, read the Koi Pond posts. Unlike Watch Noob, I do not suffer fools well nor rabbits. Be prepared to fit into watchlords. We will not change what this place is. If you need advice, pay attention to other members. Members such As Aqua Homer, Boscoe, Foghorn, Ditchdoc and others will compliment you or insult you depending on the geekiness of your post. They are long time WIS. Does that make them better than you? No, but it does mean they may have been in your shoes at some time in the past and are trying to help you.

Join in, blend in, stand up for yourself and your positions and you will enjoy yourself here. Try to change the place to wallyworld or anywhere else... You are on your own then.
Last edited by Anonymous on April 15th 2011, 4:08pm, edited 3 times in total.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Watchlords, not the warm and fuzzy forum

Postby Watch Noob » February 22nd 2011, 9:50am

Great post Alain. I will add that the beauty of this forum unlike many others is the fact it is NOT SPONSORED. We do not have to protect Sponsors, close threads, hide evidence, and last but not least BAN members because they speak their mind.
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Postby koimaster » March 11th 2011, 9:26pm

Getting banned from watchgeeks and coming here to bad mouth WG, Davis and others does not a watchlord make.

At this forum we take shots at a lot of things, provide a lot of links, vids and information as well as some spirited but friendly banter. But first and foremost, WL is a watch forum for those who would like to learn, share and enjoy.

If you are here because you got banned and now can say Fuck you to people, I invite you to go to the suggested sites forum and visit other forums. They may be better suited for you.

At this site, it is kept small by choice. Not everyone here bashes, most in fact do not. But most of us share an interest in learning about our hobby, and having a good laugh with others.

For those who do not know who I am, I am the most hated man at Watchgeeks and the sworn enemy of Jim Skelton, Michael Davis, Brad (fishbait) Bruce Nathan and George the watchguy, a petty former paid police informant.

<<\
Last edited by Anonymous on March 31st 2012, 10:40pm, edited 4 times in total.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Ditchdoc » March 12th 2011, 6:18am

Thanks. I needed that. The cockles of my heart were getting warm and cozy.
Ditchdoc

Postby Seattle » April 15th 2011, 6:52pm

....and might I add, Fuck off Invictards and Skelton butt sniffers
Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Postby WatchDorks.Net » April 24th 2011, 4:19pm

Eyal knows that he will have to break us in this forum or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all the Internet may be free and life of the watch collecting world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fall, then the whole world, including this forum, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted marketing lies.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if Watchlords and its allies lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, “This was their finest hour!”

(with apologies to Winston Churchill)
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Postby ocean » April 30th 2014, 2:43pm

Hopefully some of the geeks read this.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Return to Announcements