Borealis Portus Cale

Micro-Brands discussed here

Borealis Portus Cale

Postby koimaster » December 20th 2017, 10:13am

It’s no secret that the Bum loves Borealis. The Portuguese diver’s watch company consistently turns out high-quality timepieces for excellent prices - particularly if you can catch them in the pre-order period. Their latest, the Portus Cale, is no exception. They let me test drive two prototypes for this review.

At first blush, the Portus Cale appears quite conventional. The face presents the familiar dots-and-bars layout, pencil hands, and 60-minute timing bezel common to many divers. Look a little closer, and you start to notice the fun stuff. The case is 41.5mm wide, 48mm long, but just over 11mm thick, which makes it appealingly slim. Tapered, faceted lugs give it a modern look that is heightened by their crisp edges, and their polished chamfers and upper surfaces. The area between the lugs is also polished while the sides are vertically brushed. The 4 o’clock crown is domed, signed, and polished. In keeping with the other lean lines of the case, it is modestly sized. Taken together, these elements streamline the watch in a manner not often found in the world of generally bulky dive watches.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2017/12/its-n ... ime+Bum%29

I find the brand provides a decent watch for the $$$ you spend on them. They also seem to hold their own in the re-sale market which is a + IMHO. They have been around now for several years and I do not hear much in complaints about either the watches or customer service. Some brands out there could take a few notes about that.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Borealis Portus Cale

Postby koimaster » December 28th 2017, 12:41pm

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter