Hauttman watches

Micro-Brands discussed here

Hauttman watches

Postby koimaster » May 8th 2019, 4:05pm

From Facebook. He did add a video which I did not download which shows the chrono hand going for a run on the wild side. Not the first complaint I have heard about this brand either.

Hauttman - DO NOT BUY HAUTTMAN WATCHES!!

Most of you are already aware of how bad this situation was with Hauttman. For those that are unaware, I’ll include a link to my Original post. For everyone who is aware, we finally received the watch back 8 MONTHS LATER! Good news is that they fixed the screw issues on the case. However there are now scratches on the case by the crown. It didn’t include the proper strap I was promised (These were shipped with a temporary strap initially). And here’s they best part, THE CHRONOGRAPH IS BUSTED! Just constantly running. Can’t be stopped or reset. And just to clarify, all I did was unpack the watch, and unscrew the crown to wind it. The chronograph was already running. I sent them a message, and you can see for yourself their response posted below. Apparently I don’t know how to use a Chronograph! And the scratches were there when I shipped it! I actually laughed out loud when I read their response. I’ve never seen a company have soo many issues, and refuse to take blame for any of them. It’s so sad that you can make a watch that actually looks decent, but be so poorly assembled, have such poor quality control, and have the worst customer service in the business. There are sooo many good examples around here, and it’s a shame that companies like Hauttman have to give micro brands a bad name.

I STRONGLY urge all of you to avoid this company and any watches associated with them!

Previous post:

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/

The original complaint was several months back.

Hauttman GD

I know that Joe Weiman Has already made a post about this. But this has got to be taken care of. This has gone on for long enough. I don’t care how nice your watches are. The complete negligence on this Issue, is shameful. ANOTHER Week has gone by with no response! You have time to reply on a thread to try and defend yourself but you don’t have time to take care of the issue at hand? I think everyone should know a little more.

June 22, 2018 - I Recieved a Hauttman Deep Discovery watch from Joe that was brand new. He never wore it. I took it out for pictures. I was looking at changing the straps, and noticed that one of the screws sat higher than the other on the case. Upon further inspection found out that the screw was actually broken off and just sitting in place. Hauttman was made aware of the Issue that day.

June 24, 2018 - Hauttman responds and says they’ll take care of the issue. Which they didn’t even know how to get the watch back to them. That itself turned out to be a headache.

June 28, 2018 - I am told I will hear from UPS and they will pick up the watch. They finally issued a call tag with UPS for it to be shipped back to them. The watch did not get picked up and shipped until July 5, 2018.

July 29, 2018 - I send a message asking if they received the watch, and what’s going on? When should I expect it back? No response.

August 17, 2018 - I get a Call from UPS asking for an invoice for the package I shipped. I have no idea what they’re talking about because Hauttman issued the pick up. They should have taken care of this. I had to make out an invoice for this watch and email it to UPS. After Joe messages them, I finally get a response. I explain that it’s stuck in customs, give them the tracking number, explained that I had to make out an invoice and that they need to get the watch. I am told they will take care of it. Also that there is going to be an update in management. They will get this issue handled. Even if he has to “give me a watch from his own collection.”

September 24, 2018 - I send another message asking what happened because I haven’t heard anything. The following day, September 25, 2018. I get a response saying that he saw my message. He will pass the information as soon as he receives it.

October 31, 2018 - I message them AGAIN asking what’s going on as I still have not heard anything.

November 9, 2018 - I finally get a response. It’s STILL stuck in customs and now I have to contact UPS again, to give them more information about the package being shipped. Hauttman never followed up with UPS the first time they were made aware of the shipping issue. I am told to email the information to someone, and they’ll see what they can do “on Monday,” November 12, 2018.

November 15, 2018 - I get an email suggesting that I pay for the watch to be shipped back to me, because it’s stuck in customs and “they require so much paperwork.” Then they’ll send me the parts so I can have a watchmaker to fix it. Wow!!

November 26, 2018 - I get ANOTHER call from UPS saying that it still hasn’t been released, and it’s the last day before it gets abandoned. It has actually sat in customs soo long, that it’s reached the limit before being abandoned. I once again, have to provide UPS with the information necessary to get the package released. I inform Hauttman that they need to get this taken care of or they will be responsible for it.

November 29, 2018 - I contact them again to make sure they revived the watch. They don’t know. He has to check. And he will confirm with me. It should be about 3-4 weeks to get the watch back.

December 26, 2018 - I message them asking what’s going on. No response.

And that’s where it stands today, January 3, 2019. Still nothing resolved.

Also, after looking at some pictures after this whole ordeal, we’ve noticed that the pilot holes for these screws on the case, were drilled incorrectly. Which most likely lead to that screw being broken in the first place. And most of the screw heads around the watch in general had some damage from the Wrong screw size being used to tighten them down. Very poor manufacturing.

I have never had such an issue with a company. There are lots of watch companies with far less expensive watches, that are way better with their customer service, and attention to detail. If you can’t handle 1 bad watch, you don’t belong manufacturing watches.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Hauttman watches

Postby foghorn » May 8th 2019, 4:53pm

Oscar Gaspar. Mr. 3T and a blast from the past!!!
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 8th 2019, 5:21pm

Uhhh, by Jove... What a joke of a company.

It is obvious in video, you do not press as necessary.

The Bazingesque grammar in their response is what's obvious.

This movement is a rare module chronograph...

Modular is the right word. Rare? Rare? What a load of bollocks.

When you are pushing the button correctly you'll hear the click sound.

If I'd receive a malfunctioning chronograph, and such a response from the manufacturer, I'd wonder if their nose makes a "click sound" when punched.

Your re-seller should inform you with this details.

"Should provide you with these details." That's how it should be, you fucking oafs!

Straps are separately to be sent to the clients.

What? You fuckers sell watches on makeshift straps, and send the proper strap later? Fuck off!!!

Since your watch is tested and proofed working, while in Switzerland workshop, further damage and complaints will be subject to paid services.

At this point, this looks like they're saying that they're going to fleece him for even more, if they damage it, i.e. he's financially liable for their mishandling of the watch. They probably didn't mean it, but their Google Translate English makes it sound that way. What the fuck? They've lied to him, they had his watch knackered, and now they want money? I'd say that at this point they owe him a bottle of good Scotch and the services of a hooker. Oh, and fixing all they've fucked up, gratis.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby biglove » May 8th 2019, 6:12pm

Another micro fleecing the willing.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » May 9th 2019, 7:35am

biglove wrote:Another micro fleecing the willing.

All wrapped up in five words.
"Most people are really fucking stupid.” ― George Carlin
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » May 9th 2019, 8:07am

Facebook......................
The media middle aged folks use while desperately searching for long lost classmates (or passing high-school notes).

It would have been the perfect afternoon if those jagoffs from Greenpeace hadn't showed up and tried to roll me back into the Puget Sound - conj
codguy
ASSHAT

Return to Micro-Brands