De Rijke Watches & Co. Amalfi Series I with Rotating Case

Micro-Brands discussed here

De Rijke Watches & Co. Amalfi Series I with Rotating Case

Postby Racer-X » January 10th 2019, 3:30am

"A category not often touched upon, as eligible entries are few and far between, are driver’s watches. Seasoned watch geeks or serious collectors might recall the Vacheron Constantin Historique American 1921, or even the MB&F HM8 Can-Am. However, we might have a more affordable solution to driving, preferably fast, and not having to take your hand off the steering wheel. Introducing Dutch start-up De Rijke Watches & Co.’s Amalfi Series I.

...This future project had to be a driver’s watch, at least as a concept. The trick is to produce a watch that can be worn and read in a traditional manner but that can also be read as a driver’s watch, which means creating a legible dial inclined at an angle. Through trial and error, Laurens started work on a case design, material prototyping, and conceptualizing the driver theme by sourcing all the necessary knowledge. And now, after five years of development and on-and-off work on the project, Laurens is about to deliver his very first watch to the lucky new owner."

https://monochrome-watches.com/de-rijke-watches-co-amalfi-series-i-a-drivers-watch-with-rotating-case/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: De Rijke Watches & Co. Amalfi Series I with Rotating Cas

Postby foghorn » January 10th 2019, 4:59am

I've been driving and wearing watches for about 50 years and never had a problem reading the time . Never. Even shitfaced.
Driving watches??

FTF'nW
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » January 10th 2019, 10:31am

This feature might be good to have whilst fisting a bear, and realizing the Golden Girls marathon is about to start on MeTV.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » January 10th 2019, 12:34pm

A driving watch is nothing new. The concept of a driving watch is known since the 1920/1930s, although the first wristwatches with a tilted open-face movement (and thus, with the 12 o'clock position at where 1 or 2 would normally be) were introduced during WW1.

The rotating case is something new, though.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to Micro-Brands