Review of the Crepas Loggerhead

Micro-Brands discussed here

Review of the Crepas Loggerhead

Postby koimaster » October 24th 2018, 9:11am

From a Blogtoblog

Do I really need another dive watch? Strangely I have never asked myself this question. I do appreciate all style of watches, yet dive watches are my personal favorite. We can broaden my question to, do I really need another watch? I used to be a one watch guy. Unfortunately I used to be very narrow minded. When I think about it now, damn one watch? That is a truly absurd thought. There are so many different/variations of styles within each style of watches. You have dress dive watches, rugged/raw style dive watches, large cases, small cases, I can go on and on. I still can’t believe that I would limit myself in such a way. I am glad I saw the lume, I mean light.

Today we are exploring the vintage diver inspired Crepas Loggerhead dive watch. When I first saw/held this watch I instantly got that cool 1970’s dive watch vibe. Short lugs, rounded case profile, curved sides, refined yet rugged design. Then Crepas decided to infuse this piece with their modern DNA, robust 44mm case, oversized 7.5mm crown, 3.5mm sapphire crystal, and a massive stainless unidirectional rotating bezel. The stainless steel case has that refined buttery smoothness when you glide your finger across the case and yet the heft of the case gives the Loggerhead that ‘I can handle adventure outside the office’ ruggedness. The case plays off of lighting really well with the combination of finishing between the polished and brushed. This combination allows the Loggerhead to play nicely in transitions of environments from the office, to weekend play, to the water, to the woods. Of course this also means it can add and blend with your personal style. You can adapt the look of this watch easily as well by switching up the bracelet to a custom leather strap or nato/ballistic strap. The bracelet is a unique combination of ruggedness and dress this is achieved by combining the brushed outer edge of the links with mesh style inner links.

https://timetoblogwatches.com/2018/10/1 ... oggerhead/

And I assume this would be the typical response from those at other forums.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Review of the Crepas Loggerhead

Postby JAS1125 » October 24th 2018, 10:29am

Holy shit ...A Bazinga! review.

Too big at 44.... this is all over the Facebook watch groups
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Re: Review of the Crepas Loggerhead

Postby foghorn » October 24th 2018, 11:02am

His blog should be sponsored by the makers of fine cabriole table legs.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to Micro-Brands