My first Armida, the A12

My first Armida, the A12

Postby svaglic » May 7th 2018, 2:27pm

Very quick shipping from China, they used FedEx and it shipped Th or Fr and got here today

Of course it is hard to photograph and get it how it looks.

Signed crown, domed crystal and look at that! An adjustable slide clasp, I love those.

Wrist shot. It's 38mm and I was hesitant because the pictures of people with my wrist size had overhang lugs, but my wrist is flat and looks good. Well, to me it looks good. The bracelet looks better than the rubber strap, the rubber makes the lugs look bigger IMO.

I wasn't prepared to spend the money that Seiko wants, so I got a homage.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: My first Armida, the A12

Postby conjurer » May 7th 2018, 3:00pm

Very nice! A great looking watch!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby artman » May 7th 2018, 3:25pm

That looks sharp! Congrats.
artman
Master of Time

Postby JAS1125 » May 7th 2018, 3:26pm

Damn nice!
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby Racer-X » May 7th 2018, 3:28pm

That is awful nice for the money. Size is perfect on you.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 7th 2018, 3:30pm

I've heard the name Armida a few times, although I have to admit that I never quite bothered to find out what the hell Armida is. My first association with the name is Amida, a long gone Swiss manufacturer of watches and generic movements alike. They made mostly pin-lever shite, which although pin-lever shite, is not that common at all.

My thoughts on the brand name aside, it is a lovely watch. I mean, the 1960s "skin diver" aesthetics of it are genuinely erection-inducing, and then there's the size. 38mm. It's as if finally some brand happened to muster all the grey matter they had, and did a 1960s-style diver right, down to the diameter.

Some might cry "Seiko hommidge!", but frankly, I'd say the watch fits a design style that a ton of manufacturers used in the early 1960s (for one, Jeanrichard/Aquastar).

That said, a really nice watch.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » May 7th 2018, 3:41pm

Thanks guys, I would love to have the Seiko 62MAS, I just don't think they are worth the $ they are charging. The vintage ones sky rocketed, so I got the Armida.
The under side edges are what some are calling sharp. I wouldn't say sharp enough to cut yourself, but there is an edge. It doesn't bother you because the back sits on your wrist and the edges don't come in contact with your wrist.
I really like the look and it fits the spot of not being afraid to take it in the water or roughing around in it.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Your New Watch