bdwf?

Other forum links and links to many blogs and magazines

Re: bdwf?

Postby JAS1125 » November 30th 2015, 2:23pm

I was able to access the forum and send a message to the membership letting them know what happened and that we're working to try and restore it.

If any of the member here received the e-mail, could you let me know?
Many thanks
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby Ofcmark » November 30th 2015, 2:40pm

Jas

I got the email
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby JAS1125 » November 30th 2015, 4:20pm

Thanks Mark
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby labman » November 30th 2015, 5:38pm

I also received the email John.
labman
Watchlord WIS

Postby Racer-X » November 30th 2015, 5:50pm

I got the email.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » November 30th 2015, 6:04pm

Glad to hear it. I sent Mike an email that I received from Dion about BDWF. So I guess watchforums.net is on its own again but it would be nice to see some interaction between them and BDWF as they are similar in many ways.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » November 30th 2015, 6:10pm

BDWF seems to be up again.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby JAS1125 » November 30th 2015, 6:32pm

koimaster wrote:Glad to hear it. I sent Mike an email that I received from Dion about BDWF. So I guess watchforums.net is on its own again but it would be nice to see some interaction between them and BDWF as they are similar in many ways.

I agree...and on behalf of the staff of BDWF, thank you very much for your assistance and courtesies in helping us out.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » November 30th 2015, 6:34pm

Got the email.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby JAS1125 » November 30th 2015, 6:35pm

I'll send another mass mailing out telling everyone we appear to be back.
Thanks everyone
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » December 4th 2015, 5:14pm

As an update this was posted at BDWF by the owner Mikeihorn

Hello folks - been incommunicado these last days - because of work related issues. I have many different opportunities to move, merge, etc that I'm mulling through - never sure what the future choice would bring to the future of the forum and even more important - to our super trooper () membership.

We should all wear overseas deployment patches - as we're combat veterans of multiple outages and have survived them all.

I especially want to thank those who've been digging into the technology and different choices open to us. Offers of help from our W/L members have been appreciated more than you can imagine. While not 'daddy warbucks' (well maybe) moving the forum would not be anywhere near a financial burden and money is nor will be the reason for a delayed decision - just need to do the right thing - whatever that means - and then be sure we can live with it.

Sadly - this bimbo server eruption came at a time when my workload responsibility hit MAX and as much as I wanted to give it my full attention - it just couldn't happen.

I'm in the midst of 'cleaning up' Facebook, email and other contacts sent to me. Trust me - you're not being ignored.

Those who wish - I can be raised from the dead on Skype and KokaoTalk (mikiehorn) taking into account I believe to be a 14 hour difference from East Coast Time.

The choices before me go much deeper than just technical issues - as there are bad feelings between our server owner (and co-owner) and some of the groups who wish to help us the most. Smoothing the waters here is most important in my mind as I don't wish to alienate any party trying to help. Sadly - I wasn't aware of all the intrigue and animosity swirling around me - found out the hard way for sure.

I will make a decision that's best for all of us - as soon as possible for sure - and pray that what's done will be digestible for all parties involved

In the meanwhile - keep talking, showing, discussing watches and whatever comes to mind around you. I didn't realize how close I am to so many of you until my email, and facebook accounts piled up with your questions, comments and offers for help.

Both mrsmikie and I want you to know how much your offers for help are and have been appreciated ...

Now regardless of what Mike decides, the updated VPS (server we are hosted on) has been upgraded with more memory, more bandwidth and greater storage capacity. The issues Mike refers to are something I know about but choose not to disclose at this time. Hopefully the future of BDWF will be a long and stable one as will watchforums.net and this forum.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Previous

Return to Blogs, Watch Magazines & other sites