Rediscovery

Give us your best or worst shot

Rediscovery

Postby foghorn » December 11th 2017, 9:19am

I was going through my ,soon to be dead, Photbucket account (moving stuff to imgur) and found some old shots that I consider some of my favorites. Some go way back to the original BDWF days. None of these watches are still in my possession . (dammit!!))

I bought this Orient as a "passaround" watch to be passed amongst the owners group at BDWF (at that time myself, Nac, Furdog,Natgas,Raiderfan,and DX I believe) It's final stop was the founder of BDWF Don Ruch, who we bought the place from) Interesting to note that the picture pre-dates the appearance of Michael Davis on the scene and the text is either an omen or coincidence.

This Swatch "Body and Soul" is still in production. Cool watch. I thikl I sold this over 15 years ago. I always liked the pic.

I should have kept this one too. The only "spot on" watch I ever owned. Simply never wavered until it started to run down. I kept with the Jazzmaster theme by using a contact sheet (any photogs remember them?) from an Art farmer show that I photographed in Boston.

This Max Bill was a beautiful watch and I bought it when they were pretty reasonably priced. A little too classy for me back then.

Lastly is this older version of the Glycine Combat taken along with a couple of my dads medals from WWII (the big one) and his dogtag. Interesting note on this pic is that it was in a contest at BDWF and beat out some guy named Skelton who fancied himself quite the cameraman) for first place.

That is all.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Rediscovery

Postby artman » December 11th 2017, 3:21pm

How did you let any of those go? They all would be keepers in my collection. Nice photos too, especially the Swatch and Hammy shots.
artman
Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » December 11th 2017, 5:00pm

Oh my, that Hamilton.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » December 11th 2017, 6:48pm

those Our somme Fyne wartchs frogbourne. due Ewe half any Olde pitchers of Invicters alan Frum that Eraa??
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 11th 2017, 6:56pm

Wow. You flippers; those last three are pretty boss. I mean, really nice. You do have a touch with the lens as well. Damn.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » December 11th 2017, 8:32pm

Nice photos.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to Watch Photography Forum