Work Your WatchRecon

This forum is for Horology and the art of watchmaking

Work Your WatchRecon

Postby tiktok » February 5th 2018, 3:03pm

I'm sure that watch recon is everybody's friend and sometime ball breaker on this forum. Recently I bought a Credor from a guy, the thing must be 33mm in diameter but really beautiful and will earn a lizard strap. The next day the guy offered me a HAQ GS for $1000. Cool things like that keep happening to me. Anyway I've had several watches by small brands that were wondrous designed but both are really pieces of art and it's hard to get the average watch collector pried away from Tudor, Omega, Rolex and the big boys, AP, PP, etc. So the way I sold my last watch, which is an incredible value if you plan to hold on to it, what I did was typed Trade and WTT into

WR and created searches in the advanced search area with prices a little below to a little above my asking price. Then I looked at all the listings these yielded and found people who sounded open minded to something different to trade for. I put my link to my sales listing in the subject. Then I sent a PM to about six likely candidates with the subject: My Cool Diver For Your (put in the name of the watch they are offering. Out of the six I got four no responses, one no thank you and one seller who said it was really a left field deal but he was willing to make the trade. We both had good trade feedback on WUS so the rest was easy. My first creative foray into domestic trading, I've fumbled around on Yahoo Auction Japan and have contacts in Hong Kong that churn out Seiko and G-Shock, but this was a first, the watch in vetoing is the bomb, I'm not looking back at low resale value, both watches are off the radar and started life with comparable probable sales costs. It's all good today.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Work Your WatchRecon

Postby biglove » February 5th 2018, 5:38pm

Sounds like a good use of the tool. Hadn’t thought to utilize it that way.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Thunder1 » February 5th 2018, 6:28pm

biglove wrote:Sounds like a good use of the tool. Hadn’t thought to utilize it that way.

Agreed...thanx for the info..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby tiktok » February 5th 2018, 8:17pm

Especially if you have troublesome pieces not selling you can find others in the same boat and hopefully exchange your pieces.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby tiktok » February 5th 2018, 9:27pm

Forgot, add FSOT as another search title
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Return to The Art of Time