CWC RN Fleet Air Arm Pilot's Chronograph

CWC RN Fleet Air Arm Pilot's Chronograph

Postby koimaster » May 24th 2018, 3:36pm

Cabot Watch Company (CWC) have been supplying watches to the British Armed Forces for over 40 years. Today, we’re looking at a pilot’s chronograph watch that was worn by Royal Navy pilots in the 1980s and ’90s. The watch featured here is New Old Stock (NOS), and these NOS examples are still available, albeit in limited numbers, for purchase.

The Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm operates naval aircrafts from their fleet of ships and this particular watch was built to requirements prescribed in DEF STAN 66-4 (Part 2) (you can read more about British Military Standards of the 1970s here). Today, the CWC RN Fleet Air Arm Pilot’s Chronograph serves as both a collector’s item and an all-round daily wearer. As chronographs go, it’s probably not the most beautiful in the traditional sense of the word, but it does have great character in its irregularity. Let’s get right to it.

http://wornandwound.com/review/hands-on ... ronograph/

https://www.cwcwatch.com/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: CWC RN Fleet Air Arm Pilot's Chronograph

Postby conjurer » May 24th 2018, 3:55pm

I'm waiting for the Sebastian Cabot model to come out. Because I like wartchs that are Pavarotti-sized, yo.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » May 24th 2018, 4:03pm

Move the minute totalizer to the 3 and place the logo at the 12 where it fucking belongs and maybe, just maybe it wouldn't look all discombobulated and stuff.
As it stands now it looks like a polyp.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 24th 2018, 4:13pm

foghorn wrote:Move the minute totalizer to the 3 and place the logo at the 12 where it fucking belongs and maybe, just maybe it wouldn't look all discombobulated and stuff.

That's a bespoke movement, ewe Dammed old Goof. The colourways are astounding, though.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » May 24th 2018, 4:33pm

foghorn wrote:Move the minute totalizer to the 3 and place the logo at the 12 where it fucking belongs and maybe, just maybe it wouldn't look all discombobulated and stuff.

Agreed...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Military Style Watches