Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

A place for forum darlings and such.

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby artman » May 21st 2019, 3:14pm

I dig that strap NC.
User avatar
artman
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2572
Joined: February 8th 2015, 5:42pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby NorthCountry » May 21st 2019, 4:21pm

Thunder1 wrote:
foghorn wrote:^^^^^^


Perfect

Agreed!!..a perfect look for that bad baby!!..if there is nothing wrong w/ the original strap, I'd be interested in purchasing it for a good price..pls let me know..you can keep the buckle..


Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.
User avatar
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: March 8th 2012, 11:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Thunder1 » May 21st 2019, 4:44pm

NorthCountry wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
foghorn wrote:^^^^^^


Perfect

Agreed!!..a perfect look for that bad baby!!..if there is nothing wrong w/ the original strap, I'd be interested in purchasing it for a good price..pls let me know..you can keep the buckle..


Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby NorthCountry » May 21st 2019, 6:21pm

Thunder1 wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
foghorn wrote:^^^^^^


Perfect

Agreed!!..a perfect look for that bad baby!!..if there is nothing wrong w/ the original strap, I'd be interested in purchasing it for a good price..pls let me know..you can keep the buckle..


Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..



Really? A fiasco in the bud perhaps. My strap is 24mm. It couldn't have worked out even if it was perfect. You'll find one.
User avatar
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: March 8th 2012, 11:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby koimaster » May 21st 2019, 11:35pm

foghorn wrote:I'll switch from the 2006 WUS forum darling to a current forum darling.
It ain't easy bein' green.




Image




Was that dievas, invicta or zodiac?
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 37510
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby foghorn » May 22nd 2019, 6:29am

koimaster wrote:


Was that dievas, invicta or zodiac?



IW Marine Diver


Image
Image
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby koimaster » May 22nd 2019, 8:12am

foghorn wrote:
koimaster wrote:


Was that dievas, invicta or zodiac?



IW Marine Diver


Image


Ahh, I remember that and all of the marina miltaires out there. Wasn't there some seller named lulay or something similar?
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 37510
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby foghorn » May 22nd 2019, 9:27am

koimaster wrote:
Ahh, I remember that and all of the marina miltaires out there. Wasn't there some seller named lulay or something similar?





That I don't recall. I got this from a BDWF (the original) member named WatchRick. He was up from Florida an business and we met for lunch.
Image
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby koimaster » May 22nd 2019, 9:37am

foghorn wrote:
koimaster wrote:
Ahh, I remember that and all of the marina miltaires out there. Wasn't there some seller named lulay or something similar?





That I don't recall. I got this from a BDWF (the original) member named WatchRick. He was up from Florida an business and we met for lunch.


I remember the name WatchRick. I wonder what ever happened to some of these folks? It seems invicta hate or love as well as tv watch companies combined to get members into forums back in the day. Now it is all facebook it seems and the lemmings have taken over that platform as well.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 37510
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby kevco » May 22nd 2019, 12:01pm

foghorn wrote:I'll switch from the 2006 WUS forum darling to a current forum darling.
It ain't easy bein' green.




Image


I am thinking of getting this one on bracelet.
User avatar
kevco
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: June 15th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Tulsa OK

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Falstaff » May 22nd 2019, 12:45pm

Today I'm wearing an Incursore - stainless case auto, white California dial, brown croc strap just like this 'un on the bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GLYCINE-INCURS ... SwXQZZdWYH
I believe I paid about $230 during that first big Glycine sell-off after Invicter took over.
"Many miles away, something crawls to the surface of a dark Scottish loch...."
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 7323
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Thunder1 » May 22nd 2019, 1:06pm

^^Interesting choice, a great bargain..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby codguy » May 22nd 2019, 2:09pm

Thunder1 wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:
Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..


It's all good, the hands are still attached and that is what really counts.
.

It would have been the perfect afternoon if those jagoffs from Greenpeace hadn't showed up and tried to roll me back into the Puget Sound - conj
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Thunder1 » May 22nd 2019, 2:46pm

kevco wrote:
foghorn wrote:I'll switch from the 2006 WUS forum darling to a current forum darling.
It ain't easy bein' green.




Image


I am thinking of getting this one on bracelet.

I think it looks the sharpest on a mesh bracelet..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby conjurer » May 22nd 2019, 7:56pm

codguy wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:
Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..


It's all good, the hands are still attached and that is what really counts.


TMMLH.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.


--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 29225
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby TemerityB » May 22nd 2019, 8:07pm

conjurer wrote:
codguy wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:
Sorry Chuck no can do. The original strap is missing a keeper that gave up 2 weeks into ownership.

Funny thing..same thing happened to mine!!..that's why I was looking for a new strap..oh, well, we'll have to live w/ an after market strap..


It's all good, the hands are still attached and that is what really counts.


TMMLH.


:lol:
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 15345
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Thunder1 » May 25th 2019, 8:02am

Image
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Hawk » May 26th 2019, 4:50pm

I only wear mine when travel makes it worthwhile. Or, sometimes, to participate in a Glycine thread.

It turns out my Thai wife needs to jump through hoops for our planned trip to London so the fate of the DC-4 remains uncertain.

Somebody should put together a list where one could select one's passport country for multiple travelers and then push a button to see where both can go visa-free. A little Python or Java should do it. Pity I've lost my meager knowledge of such things.

Minus international travel my specific Glycine mostly gathers dust but all is forgiven the moment I step on a plane.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9243
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby foghorn » May 28th 2019, 1:26pm

Took advantage of Panatimes Memorial Day sale




Image
Image
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby NorthCountry » May 28th 2019, 2:14pm

^^^^perfect!
User avatar
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: March 8th 2012, 11:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Thunder1 » May 28th 2019, 3:48pm

Excellent choice, sir...
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby tiktok » May 28th 2019, 3:52pm

When are you going to retire this theme park.
User avatar
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4541
Joined: March 20th 2015, 7:18pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Hawk » May 29th 2019, 10:24am

foghorn wrote:Took advantage of Panatimes Memorial Day sale



Nice one you old Rewster, you.

Does this mean you've now got two watches displaying time in 24 hour format?


Might as well cave in to the inevitable if you haven't done so already: "user control panel" / "board preferences" / "Date Format" - you can adjust the date format to display times in 24 hour format.

Mine looks like...

Image
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9243
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby foghorn » May 29th 2019, 10:42am

Hawk wrote:


Does this mean you've now got two watches displaying time in 24 hour format?




No-solamente uno.
Image
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Which Glycine are you wearing today?...

Postby Hawk » May 29th 2019, 11:15am

Ah. My countin' went off track.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9243
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Glycine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest