Field Marshall STOLEN in ATL

Re: Field Marshall STOLEN in ATL

Postby foghorn » May 5th 2019, 3:30pm

Shipping insurance isn't a bad idea with each turnover.Can't hurt. Some sort of requirement should be made for participation (post count, length of membership) to add to the trust factor.
Other than that it's a bit of a crapshoot.
And nobody should be allowed to scrub it with ketchup.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » May 5th 2019, 5:04pm

Why would you trash your reputation in front of an entire forum for an inexpensive watch? :scratch:
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby koimaster » May 5th 2019, 5:21pm

bedlam wrote:Why would you trash your reputation in front of an entire forum for an inexpensive watch? :scratch:

Not sure why Carl. I gave him every chance during my phone call with him. I heard numerous excuses including blaming his son at the end. After he received the watch which was to be sent to gerdson, crickets for almost 10 weeks. He had the watch in late November or very early December and just decided to keep it.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby biglove » May 5th 2019, 6:46pm

koimaster wrote:
bedlam wrote:Why would you trash your reputation in front of an entire forum for an inexpensive watch? :scratch:

Not sure why Carl. I gave him every chance during my phone call with him. I heard numerous excuses including blaming his son at the end. After he received the watch which was to be sent to gerdson, crickets for almost 10 weeks. He had the watch in late November or very early December and just decided to keep it.

Who got the five finger discount?
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » May 5th 2019, 6:57pm

biglove wrote:
koimaster wrote:

Who got the five finger discount?

Four of diamonds never sent on or returned the watch.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby gerdson » May 6th 2019, 3:29am

The issue with higher value watches is going to be customs. I have had this adventure before in Denmark, with a (cheaper watch) here from an auction - of course, it being an auction on Watchlords, and despite the fact that I provided them the link to the auction results, they still wanted to see a kind of "receipt" showing it's retail value. In the end I had to tell them to scrap it, as I was certainly not going to pay another 100 bucks including handling fee (that alone is USD 25). In this case, I am afraid the retail value is a couple of hundred. Customs tariff is actually not the issue, but the import VAT of 25% (it was 19% in Germany). Don't get me wrong, I will be happy to spend the money, I just want to raise it as a concern, we are moving into an area where the money may be spent better eg on charity.

I have no clue how it is when sending something the other direction. Maybe I should look into my vault and find a new candidate, and we would launch it in Europe, for a change? Only trouble is, these are mostly vintage pieces, probably size-wise not to everyones delight. :D
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Previous

Return to Field Marshall Blazer Bazinga!