Bremont Supersonic

Bremont Supersonic

Postby koimaster » November 5th 2018, 10:06am

In 2003, after having captured the imaginations of avgeeks and plane travellers in search of shorter flights everywhere since its first service flight in 1976, the supersonic Concorde was retired from service, having captured public imagination in a way that arguably no other modern passenger jet has.

At the end of the same year, Bonhams conducted The British Airways Concorde Charity Sale, at which parts of the planes were sold. Since then, there have been occasional auctions of Concorde memorabilia, including the unmistakable nose cone.

Now, to mark the upcoming fiftieth anniversary since the Concorde’s first flight in 1969, you too can own a part of her, with Bremont announcing the limited edition Bremont Supersonic in partnership with British Airways, who have donated metal from the G-BOAB Concorde, known as Alpha Bravo. The third Concorde to join BA, the aircraft was registered in 1974, and her first flight was from Filton to Fairford in May 1976. In September 1984 she set a distance record for an airliner with a 4,565 mile flight from Washington to Nice and in November of that year, she flew the inaugural charter service from London to Seattle via New York.

https://horologium.com.au/2018/11/05/ne ... -concorde/

I guess my question is "how is any different than the watch with a mustang part or a C-47 part anon"

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Bremont Supersonic

Postby bedlam » November 5th 2018, 5:06pm

Meh.

I don't think LE's with naff claims about components made from supposed historically important sources does a watchmaker any favours. Bremont seem determined to make it their business model :roll:
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby 3Flushes » November 5th 2018, 6:17pm

Next.

Dial too Christopher Ward-esque.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » November 5th 2018, 6:59pm

Watches made with "DNA" from something iconic/notable/historical are fucking idiotic and only fucking idiots buy them.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » November 5th 2018, 7:04pm

That's one helvetica dial!

Yeah, I know.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » November 5th 2018, 8:54pm

Interestingly, this is one Bremont that doesn't put me into a fucking coma.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Bremont