Dan Henry 1962

Dan Henry 1962

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 8th 2019, 12:21pm

Yesterday, Time+Tide has announced the news of Dan Henry releasing a "racing chronograph" today. Just appeared on the DH site - called the 1962:
https://danhenrywatches.com/collections/vintage-watches/products/1962-racing-chronograph

38mm, available in date and no-date versions. Sadly, because it has a Seiko VK-64 inside, the watch is equipped with a fuck-useless 24h indicator.

Design-wise: a mash-up of the Speedmaster, "Paul Newman" Daytona, and the Universal Geneve "Evil Nina."
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Dan Henry 1962

Postby foghorn » July 8th 2019, 12:33pm

Nice size. Not too bad but I wish he'd get off the chrono kick and make another 3 hander.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby biglove » July 8th 2019, 12:58pm

The bracelet and clasp on the DH chrono I owned was not good. It left a great deal to be desired. Otherwise, not a bad looking watch from him yet.

Have to admit that the watch felt fragile to me.
Last edited by biglove on July 8th 2019, 6:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Rusty » July 8th 2019, 1:58pm

I thought the case on the 1963 model was too wide and this one is too narrow. The size of the 1972 is just right but it's about a hundred bucks more than it should be.
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 8th 2019, 4:22pm

foghorn wrote:Nice size. Not too bad but I wish he'd get off the chrono kick and make another 3 hander.

Amen. Especially that the guy has, like, a ton of absolutely fucking stunning 3-handers in his collection, so he isn't exactly short on stuff that can serve as an inspiration.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » July 8th 2019, 6:16pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
Design-wise: a mash-up of the Speedmaster, "Paul Newman" Daytona, and the Universal Geneve "Evil Nina."

Nice description; right on the money. Unfortunately, that's two straight reveals that leave me cold. I think my two DH are gonna be my two DH.
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Dan Henry