Watches That Don't Really Exist

Watches That Don't Really Exist

Postby TemerityB » May 24th 2018, 6:04pm

This is submitted just for yuks.

For Flea Market Season: Watch Brands Named After People Who Likely Don't Exist

An Invicta SubAqua Noma III and the Mark Naimer that bettered it – the SAN III is long dead, but the Naimer keeps ticking away in The Sock Drawer Of Broken Dreams

Mark Naimer
Wize & Ope
S. Coifman (Check out their site for the biography of “Simon Coifman,” whose name comes up absolutely nowhere in any watch books ever published; I believe koi dug up info on this a few years back)
Andre-Dumont
Buech & Boilat (Old-timey brand revived by somebody – website for this “prestigous” brand lists no address or phone number, let alone a country)
Wo Fat Chin
Giani Ricci
Jean Claude
Nicolai Remy
Izax Valentino
Ben & Sons
Alessandra Olla
Louis Richard
Daniel Muller
Anno Dominii
Cabane de Zucca
Daniel Hechter
Jacob Jensen
Carl von Zeyten
Daniel Lericci
Constantin Weisz
Reginald
Christiano Domani
Christian Bonheur
Christin Lars
Carlo Monti
Daniel David
Bell & Boss
Smelts McGonigle

Okay, that last one is fake - much like the legends of these quality brands. Anyone else ever spot something laughably fake, either in status or name?
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Watches That Don't Really Exist

Postby conjurer » May 24th 2018, 6:19pm

Constantin Weisz!! The wartche of turd-burglers world wide!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » May 24th 2018, 6:21pm

Don't forget the kickstarter crap the literally doesn't exist as they hold out hands for donations in the off chance that they might exist.

That , plus Jack Mason and Daniel Wellington. Betty Crocker too.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 24th 2018, 6:34pm

foghorn wrote:Don't forget the kickstarter crap the literally doesn't exist as they hold out hands for donations in the off chance that they might exist.

dan'l Wallington safed euroop Frum the boote of napollian GODAM it.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 24th 2018, 7:03pm

foghorn wrote:Don't forget the kickstarter crap the literally doesn't exist as they hold out hands for donations in the off chance that they might exist.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Dan Henry.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby JAS1125 » May 24th 2018, 7:37pm

Wo Fat Chin?
McGarrett's arch enemy?

I'll buy one for that reason alone
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » May 24th 2018, 8:13pm

JAS1125 wrote:Wo Fat Chin?
McGarrett's arch enemy?

I'll buy one for that reason alone

There's, like, a billion Chinese! At least one of them must be named that.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » May 24th 2018, 8:28pm

Nicolet.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby artman » May 24th 2018, 9:56pm

I met the owner of Jorg Gray watches a few years ago. He doesn't exist either.
artman
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 25th 2018, 8:03am

artman wrote:I met the owner of Jorg Gray watches a few years ago. He doesn't exist either.

I had the feeling that was the case, too.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » May 25th 2018, 8:39am

Jean Marcel does not exist but the founder Jürgen Kuhn does

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby foghorn » May 25th 2018, 8:47am

Unfortunarely,Daniel Mink does exist.

foghorn

Postby TemerityB » May 25th 2018, 9:28am

foghorn wrote:Unfortunarely,Daniel Mink does exist.

Unfortunately, so did Renaltoe.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby JAS1125 » May 25th 2018, 9:49am

As long as David Mermelstein is a real person, I can rest easy
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » May 25th 2018, 9:49pm

JAS1125 wrote:As long as David Mermelstein is a real person, I can rest easy

:lol:

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby artman » May 26th 2018, 5:07am

Is there a Richard LeGrand?
artman
Master of Time

Postby foghorn » May 26th 2018, 5:13am

artman wrote:Is there a Richard LeGrand?

Yes-He's married to Betty Crocker.

foghorn

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 26th 2018, 8:23am

svaglic wrote:Nicolet.

Which Nicolet? Armand Nicolet? Charles Nicolet? Marc Nicolet? There was an entire Nicolet family, with their own holding based in Tramelan (although Marc Nicolet's trademarks were registered in Chaux-de-Fonds) since the 1870s...
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

A man's got to know his limitations...
Inspector Harry Callahan

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » May 26th 2018, 8:24am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:

Which Nicolet? Armand Nicolet? Charles Nicolet? Marc Nicolet? There was an entire Nicolet family, with their own holding based in Tramelan (although Marc Nicolet's trademarks were registered in Chaux-de-Fonds) since the 1870s...

Crotons Nicolet.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 26th 2018, 5:55pm

svaglic wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:

Croton's Nicolet.

Absolutely. I don't know when they started it, but TV-selling, mostly made-in-China brand Croton had/has an offshoot brand named "Nicolet" which Steven Jay and the other shills used to bring on with trumpets and horns as "high end" somehow. It was the height of the duck-and-cover period at ShopNBC, when sales were up and they'd use any wisp of faux prestige to dupe Grampa and Cledus out of $299 on six value payz.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » May 26th 2018, 7:08pm

TemerityB wrote:
svaglic wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:

Croton's Nicolet.

Absolutely. I don't know when they started it, but TV-selling, mostly made-in-China brand Croton had/has an offshoot brand named "Nicolet" which Steven Jay and the other shills used to bring on with trumpets and horns as "high end" somehow. It was the height of the duck-and-cover period at ShopNBC, when sales were up and they'd use any wisp of faux prestige to dupe Grampa and Cledus out of $299 on six value payz.

Yup. To show how inbred these TeeVee wartche carnies really are, you can play a One Degree of Separation with just the Mephistophelean Steven Jay. At one point he was (supposedly) the North American bigshot and importer of Gevril watches, which he sold on the old ShopAtHome network with Tim Temple, after Jawbone got Temple fired at ShopNBC, which would later become Evine, and still remains the least-watched TV shopping network. After this, Jay got fired/resigned/whatever from Gevril, and ended up repping the Nicolet 1886 line for the Motherfucking Merm, as a "high end" line of Croton--or, at least, a line that didn't include seven watches in a set, sold together for $89.99 ("You don't have to choose a color. All you'll have to choose is how many sets you wanna buy!" brayed the Merm.) Honestly, the only time I saw the Nicolet 1886 line was at SAH; it was obviously a play on the old, established Swiss firm of Armand Nicolet. Most of the wartchs Jay hawked looked like Rolex DateJusts with a thyroid issue--they looked like Very Big Rolexes. I got one way back, I think for a hundred bucks; it was 40mm, and looked like a DateJust, apart from the fact that the gold plating was already flaking a couple months after delivery. They had Miyota 8215 movements, which weren't bad. After Nicolet 1886 went into the trashcan of TeeVee wartche history, Jay rebounded, apparently back with Gevril, which now sells on Urine, with a bunch of crappy designs that look like they washed out of the Merm's offices after Hurricane Sandy inundated them. And you can see Jay to this day, on Urine, selling a bunch of gray market, overstocked (and overpriced) Swiss fashion wartchs, and he doesn't look a day older, like the Merm himself, only thinner, and with an absurd beard that looks like he stole it from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » May 26th 2018, 9:12pm

Lucien Piccard, probably.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Return to Quartz Watches