New Doxa S.A. vs old i.e. original Doxa S.A

Postby koimaster » October 16th 2018, 8:13am

From WUS in 2011 and on page two some banned Aussie puts his two cents in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Doxamaniacs,

I have a question about Doxa that would be equally applicable to other famous companies that have gone bankrupt, and then revived after being out of business, for a while: How much of the new i.e. current Doxa company has anything to do with the original company that went bankrupt?
I would like to know if any of the old company's employees were invited to join the new company, when Doxa went back into business, and whether or not old equipment owned by the original company has been used for tooling purposes.

Thanks,

Tom

Response by Doxa which by the way is an outright lie

DOXA forum moderator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: New Doxa S.A. vs old i.e. original Doxa S.A

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Miko View Post

Dear Doxamaniacs,

I have a question about Doxa that would be equally applicable to other famous companies that have gone bankrupt, and then revived after being out of business, for a while: How much of the new i.e. current Doxa company has anything to do with the original company that went bankrupt?
I would like to know if any of the old company's employees were invited to join the new company, when Doxa went back into business, and whether or not old equipment owned by the original company has been used for tooling purposes.

Thanks,

Tom
Hi Thomas, a good question, but I have to correct, unlike other Swiss traditional brands, DOXA never was out of business since 1889, DOXA only shut down western European and US presents due to the lack of profitability. In Eastern Europe, DOXA was, and still is considered among the 5 best known Swiss brands.

DOXA was owned by The Ducommun family until his daughter Helene http://www.mhl-monts.ch/?lang=en married Jacques Nardin of Ulysse Nardin, who lead DOXA until the Sixties, after that the company was acquired by the Synchron group, later by Aubrey and brothers, then it finally was sold to the Jenny family. The Jenny family is a 5th generation watchmaker family and was a supplier for DOXA during the sixties.

Now, I have to ask you, how do the other Swiss marques relate to their past while a vast majority is owned by 3 large industrial groups that are more or less related to the past the same way DOXA is?

Thank you
DOXA watches inc.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/new-d ... 11009.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » October 16th 2018, 8:36am

Interestingly, Carl got so fucking banned there that you can't even post his screen name; if you type in "bedlam", all you get is "******".

Later on, me and Carl tag-teamed reviews on an Orient diver, and I had to title it "conjurer vs. Carl."
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » October 17th 2018, 4:19am

I love the chippiness of Doxa's response.

I might register on WUS just to drop a big, stinking, Doxa-branded shit in their General forum. See what happens when the mods fret about their paymasters.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Doxa