SCUBA DIVING IN BELIZE

Dedicated to Dive watches

SCUBA DIVING IN BELIZE

Postby koimaster » April 19th 2018, 9:56pm

Field Test: SCUBA Diving in Belize With Four Popular Dive Watches from Seiko, Oris, and Rado. Today, Allen joins us on the Podcast to take a deeper dive (pun intended) into his experience. We discuss the certification process, the watches, what happened when Allen’s breathing apparatus failed underwater, and a whole lot more.

http://wornandwound.com/the-worn-wound- ... follow-up/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: SCUBA DIVING IN BELIZE

Postby conjurer » April 19th 2018, 10:16pm

Here's the written article if, like me, you're uninterested to listening to a couple of hipsters saying "Ahhh....Err..." for a sixty minute podcast:

http://wornandwound.com/field-test-scub ... oris-rado/
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » April 20th 2018, 12:49am

Looks like some nice diving.

Most dive computers will time the safety stop for you, but computers fail too, and situations as described by the author arise and a backup is handy.

Another issue is deep stops. If you have done a bit of time at more than 30m its a good idea to do a stop at the half way mark between your lowest depth and your safety stop. Even though its recommended by PADI and TDI no computer I have owned can easily be used to time a stop of this kind. There are programmable computers that can do it but they are very expensive for the occassional diver to consider, and there is no way they would give you one of those as a rental when on holiday. A watch is perfect for it though.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby TemerityB » May 1st 2018, 11:16am

Thanks conj, for the summary there. I liked the article but like you I don't think I could sit for all of that video; it'd be like getting a haircut at Mad Men Barbershop (hipster douchebag chain here in NY).
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » May 1st 2018, 12:55pm

Nice article but at times I wanted to projectile vomit all over the writer.

because of shit like...

if anyone groks the gratuitousness of dive watches

One of her eyebrows shot up, and then she broke into a melodic Belizean belly laugh.

the Captain Cook’s bezel clicks like a dolphin

Tranquility flooded through me as I watched the shark saunter by with its innate grace, sleek beauty, and self-assured detachment—not entirely unlike a supermodel.

etc.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » May 1st 2018, 5:03pm

Go Foggy :lol: :lol:
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Return to Dive Watches