Oris Scales Down Aquis Date

Dedicated to Dive watches

Oris Scales Down Aquis Date

Postby TemerityB » January 22nd 2018, 2:09pm

39.5mm? Hope this is a trend.

From WUS:
ORIS Aquis Date With New 39.5mm Size
by Michael Weare

The Oris Aquis Date is one of the most recognizable watches in the Oris collection. This year, Oris has released a new 39.5mm version of the iconic diver’s watch, designed to appeal to watch buyers who want a stylish, practical, versatile watch that is as comfortable on a scuba diving trip as it is under a shirt cuff.

The new Aquis Date models are water-resistant to 300 meters and are equipped with a robust uni-directional rotating diver’s bezel. The bezel has the added benefit of either a polished or matt black ceramic insert. Ceramic is scratch- and fade resistant, properties that extend and enhance the wearer’s experience of the watch.

As with the larger Aquis Date models, the new 39.5mm version has been designed to be more versatile as it’s also comfortable transitioning to both casual and formal occasions on dry land. The new models are available on a variety of straps and metal bracelets, including a dark brown leather strap.

The new Oris Aquis Date 39.5mm is a high-performance watch with practical appeal and retails at $1800 on a strap and $2000 on the metal bracelet.

http://www.watchuseek.com/oris-aquis-da ... -5mm-size/
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Oris Scales Down Aquis Date

Postby foghorn » January 22nd 2018, 2:31pm

Nice.
There is hope for the 42 and under crowd.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » January 22nd 2018, 2:43pm

The lugs limiting the choice of band to an OEM bracelet or an OEM rubber strap still orally stimulate lingam, but the fact that they have finally thought of making a smaller version of the Aquis is commendable.

I as well hope it's a trend - the novelties from various brands in the last two-three years certainly have me hoping for manufacturers to not as much downsize their designs in general, as for them becoming more mindful of the needs of the customers by supplying the same thing in a smaller package.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » January 22nd 2018, 4:41pm

I like the smaller size. Around 40mm is ideal for me though updating my watch spreadsheet the other day, I noted that my last several watches have been 42 with a 43 thrown in as well.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Pubbie » January 22nd 2018, 4:56pm

It's funny, but I think it's a relative design thing.

I've been reading about a reduction in the average size of new watches. At 41.2mm across and 12.2mm high, therefore, I thought my most expensive purchase (an Airman) wouldn't look out of place in 2018 being an average of new and old. However it's got a 3mm thin bezel and a big 35mm crystal, and the lug ends are more than two inches apart. When I bought it I thought the size was conservative; fucking hell, I'm going to have to sell it now and buy something in 38mm!
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » January 22nd 2018, 5:30pm

Saw it earlier today. Like it. Not $2K worth of like but gray market would definitely be tempting.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby bedlam » January 22nd 2018, 5:43pm

Good to see Oris making diver-styled sports watches for girls too!

:D
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » January 22nd 2018, 11:11pm

bedlam wrote:Good to see Oris making diver-styled sports watches for girls too!

Oh, snap!! Something's really crawled up Carl's ass and died today, he's breaking balls like a Chicagoan.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » January 23rd 2018, 8:41pm

conjurer wrote:

Oh, snap!! Something's really crawled up Carl's ass and died today, he's breaking balls like a Chicagoan.

We should expect by now that anything Swiss gets bed's dander up; it's like saying "Niagara Falls" to Moe.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby bedlam » January 24th 2018, 3:03am

TemerityB wrote:
conjurer wrote:

We should expect by now that anything Swiss gets bed's dander up; it's like saying "Niagara Falls" to Moe.

With the exception of Zenith the only interesting things to ever come out of the Swiss are CERN and chocolate.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby boscoe » February 17th 2018, 10:00am

Oh no! Eyore Lalo has been telling us for a decade big watches are here to stay. Now we're going small again?
Guess I can sell my 63 mm Scooby Doo as a manhole cover.
I find my Aquis a bit large - and of indifferent quality. I no longer would recommend the brand.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » February 17th 2018, 12:04pm

Q= Did Oris finally find a company willing to apply dual layer anti-reflective coatings on the crystal?

That would be a welcome change as well.
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Rusty » February 17th 2018, 12:19pm

Not that I would be unhappy seeing watches depart from the Flavor Flav era but I think companies are going to smaller sizes to (are you ready for a surprise?) sell watches to people who aren't buying watches because they are so large.
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby artman » February 17th 2018, 4:56pm

I was drooling over this watch at the AD last night. Beautiful color and perfect size.
artman
Master of Time

Return to Dive Watches