Blast from the past.

Dedicated to Dive watches

Blast from the past.

Postby Luftwafflles » September 7th 2013, 6:13pm

In an attempt to fend off any pompous lectures, yes, I realize Koi has posted an excellent link to this website. But for those that might have possibly missed this particular part, I give you the man, the prophet, the demi-god, and one of my very few heroes in life. The man that first sparked my interest in dive watches (hell, all watches) so many years ago. http://www.scubawatch.org/mike_nelson.html
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Blast from the past.

Postby gerdson » September 10th 2013, 10:19pm

That's a great one!

Here is another excellent page on dive watches. http://www.rruegger.ch/index.htm
Roger Rüegger seemingly writes in (Swiss) German only, funnily enough the table of content is all in English. Well, I guess You can always look at the pictures. Plus it could also have been French... :mrgreen:
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Kahuna74 » September 11th 2013, 5:53am

Love Sea hunt. I have a 1967 elgin Dive watch, very small. Awesome watch to wear though.
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Luftwafflles » September 11th 2013, 8:06am

Kahuna74 wrote:Love Sea hunt. I have a 1967 elgin Dive watch, very small. Awesome watch to wear though.
Yeah, as a kid I somehow remembered Mike's watches as being huge. With time, I can see they were minimally larger than a standard watch.
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Kahuna74 » September 11th 2013, 3:30pm

This is my Elgin Diver. It comes in at 30mm. I do wear it a few times a month and I do keep it running 24/7.
Dial and hands, as well as crystal are original. Great little watch. This one was purchase in Nam at a PX between 67 and 68. Beautiful little well running watch. Gold Smith works did an over haul and an appraisal little less than two years ago.
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » December 15th 2013, 6:10pm

:fdfd:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder