Watches & Pencils #6 – Wrist shots

Watches & Pencils #6 – Wrist shots

Postby koimaster » November 9th 2015, 9:34am

For us watch aficionados wrist shots are like the well known selfies. Most of us take ‘shots’ on a daily basis. ‘snap shots’ in general, but if you look careful you’ll find some nice ones now and then. Besides the classic shot their are quite a lot of variations. For example: last week I spotted a nice variation on the wrist shot: a ‘pocket shot’

Tips for better wrist shots

•Don’t use a flash. The crystal of your watch reflects and most of the time colors will look pale.
•Hold your camera as steady as possible, ‘lock’ your arms and try to limit movements.
•If your mobile phone/camera has a macro-setting, use it. This is the optimal setting for close-up photos.
•Try different lightning environments. For example: find a darker place, so that people see the watch and get a glimpse of the lume.
•Be creative and try different angles and background settings. For example: show your vacation-watch with a colorful cocktail on the background.
•Always check if the focus is right. Unless on purpose, you don’t want to post a blurry shot.
•Don’t use too many ‘artistic’ filters. Some will not ‘enhance’ your watch and good watches do not need all those fancy effects.
•Try to match your clothing with your watch (e.g. color-matching).
•Clean your watch prior to taking a picture.

Do you’ve got tips for us? What is a wrist shot for you? How do you determine the good and bad ones? Let us know. Also, we would love to receive great wrist shots.

Cheers!

http://www.fratellowatches.com/watches- ... ist-shots/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Watches & Pencils #6 – Wrist shots

Postby foghorn » November 9th 2015, 10:49am

Do'nt knot ware the wArTch on the same rist wit yew are holding the kamerer with

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby biglove » November 9th 2015, 2:41pm

•dont knot yew shud trye to takee pichures whyle ur a jackeeng off wif ur tYmEpeece on yer wrists ya dum plank fuckher!
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus Fakeuus » November 10th 2015, 4:10pm

Be careful to keep your fingernails clean; I love scratching my dawg on her chest and behind the ears, but she's a dawg and she picks up a lot of dirt, which always manages to find its way under my fingernails PDQ. It really makes your pix look like they were taken inside an Appalachia single-wide -- not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you... :oops:
Mortuus Fakeuus

Postby biglove » November 10th 2015, 5:11pm

Mortuus wrote:Be careful to keep your fingernails clean; I love scratching my dawg on her chest and behind the ears, but she's a dawg and she picks up a lot of dirt, which always manages to find its way under my fingernails PDQ. It really makes your pix look like they were taken inside an Appalachia single-wide -- not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you... :oops:

Dog dirt and dander is far less frightening than what folks get under their nails scratching themselves and other humans.

That being said, I keep my nails trimmed where no white part is evident. Oh, and I need a manicure. Cuticles are a bitch.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » November 10th 2015, 5:14pm

biglove wrote:
Dog dirt and dander is far less frightening than what folks get under their nails scratching themselves and other humans.

So I shouldn't eat my fisch sammich after scratching my man parts / hind quarters?? So to speak?

foghorn

Postby Jamesbee » November 10th 2015, 6:30pm

foghorn wrote:
biglove wrote:

So I shouldn't eat my fisch sammich after scratching my man parts / hind quarters?? So to speak?

Obviously that is fyne. Just dewen't dew it while eating anything else.
Decyded to Put down battal of The somme wead killar - Conjurer
Jamesbee
WIS Divemaster

Postby Mortuus Fakeuus » November 10th 2015, 8:38pm

foghorn wrote:
biglove wrote:

Yew shood bea Arthur ok, fogy, scents ewe eat whiff yore pekkur, ann francis sew fourth...
Mortuus Fakeuus

Postby foghorn » November 10th 2015, 8:43pm

10QBDMuch Mort, I will feel betterer now. Sodas beak.

foghorn

Postby TemerityB » November 10th 2015, 8:53pm

foghorn wrote:So I shouldn't eat my fisch sammich after scratching my man parts / hind quarters?? So to speak?

I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Watch You Are Wearing