Christopher Ward Trident Mk3 Elite 1000

Christopher Ward Trident Mk3 Elite 1000

Postby koimaster » May 6th 2019, 11:04am

I know what you’re thinking.

Where are the waves on the dial? Where are the onion hour hand and sword minute hand that is synonymous with the Trident?

I know, because I’ve thought the same. You see, Christopher Ward does not do things by half. When they decide to remake or redo something, they really go for it. Think of the new logo; which, in reality, was a complete overhaul of their branding – but also altered the entire aesthetics of their timepieces.

So now, with the latest iteration of the Trident – their most successful model – I’m not surprised that it is more or less a complete overhaul. What remains? In reality, the counterweight on the seconds hand: a cute Trident, and the deep-stamped caseback.

For some, this is an “end of an era” – and they’re right. I’ve owned and reviewed a number of the “classic” Tridents and loved each and every one. Will the Mk3 stand in such good stead? Time will tell, but first – let’s take a look at the watch itself.

There are 3 new models in the mk3 range; the standard “Pro”, starting at £695; the GMT which starts at £895, and this one: the C60 Trident Elite 1000 Limited Edition coming in at £1250. What’s more, they are available in 38mm and 42mm sizes; for many, a much more suitable size than the previous 43mm. There’s also a 40mm version only available in black dial and bezel configuration; which I’m sure will prove to be incredibly popular.

Let’s check out the Christopher Ward C60 Trident Mk3 Elite.

https://www.watchitallabout.com/christo ... 3bf57273bb

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Christopher Ward Trident Mk3 Elite 1000

Postby conjurer » May 6th 2019, 11:39am

Dang. A Chris Ward that makes my dick twitch a little.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 6th 2019, 12:16pm

I like it, but I still think they should knock it off with that silly logo and the brand name on the side, go back to the old Chr.Ward logo, and start placing it in the upper portion of the dial where it fucking belongs!!!
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » May 6th 2019, 12:46pm

The strap is nowhere near thick enough- wtf. Way substantial for the case and otherwise not too cringeworthy of a watch.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » May 6th 2019, 1:54pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:I like it, but I still think they should knock it off with that silly logo and the brand name on the side, go back to the old Chr.Ward logo, and start placing it in the upper portion of the dial where it fucking belongs!!!

Amen brother. For those who haven't seen me post it 20 times, here's a hilarious image mocking the new logo. Made by a CW forum member chap, no less.

https://i.imgur.com/AEyx91N.jpg
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » May 6th 2019, 4:07pm

I would buy it if it wasn’t a 42mm, 49mm lug to lug.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » May 6th 2019, 4:37pm

Make it 40mm at half the price. I can even handle the hipster logo.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Rusty » May 6th 2019, 4:42pm

Racer-X wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:I like it, but I still think they should knock it off with that silly logo and the brand name on the side, go back to the old Chr.Ward logo, and start placing it in the upper portion of the dial where it fucking belongs!!!

Amen brother. For those who haven't seen me post it 20 times, here's a hilarious image mocking the new logo. Made by a CW forum member chap, no less.

https://i.imgur.com/AEyx91N.jpg

That image looks like it is from the hipster doofus hall of fame.
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby 32771 » May 6th 2019, 4:48pm

Never was a fan of the prior version's hands. This one... hmmm... just a bit more than I'd like to spend.
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » May 7th 2019, 6:03pm

I really like the look of this one, I keep coming back to it.
$1,425.00 for an SW200 instead of their in-house just doesn’t make sense to me, COSC or not.
Maybe they will make this color again in a cheaper and smaller version.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Christopher Ward