Jeebus!!!

Jeebus!!!

Postby foghorn » January 29th 2019, 7:00am

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Jeebus!!!

Postby Thunder1 » January 29th 2019, 7:12am

Yep..can't imagine much of a market for this one..something isn't going right over there at CW...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » January 29th 2019, 8:00am

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Mrs. Pacerguy is gonna smell like a catcher's mitt after December 25 - TemerityB
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » January 29th 2019, 9:55am

codguy wrote:Ahahahahahahahahahaha

^^^That.

I hate them long time.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » January 29th 2019, 10:44am

CW used to make nice watches, and now they don't. Sic transit fuckin' gloria.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » January 29th 2019, 11:12am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:CW used to make nice watches, and now they don't. Sic transit fuckin' gloria.

+ Infinity. CW used to have an identity, good quality, and was doing it the way it ought to be done. The problem is now that the brand is selling out ... but it doesn't even have a clue who it's selling out to.

Mondaine's on the verge of doing the exact same thing. It's a pity; both of the brands actually stood for something.
Avoid YouTube (hi, Thailand "vacationers"). One "expert" was talking about a quartz Tissot model "which, no doubt, has an inexpensive Ronda quartz movement inside." I rest my case.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » January 29th 2019, 11:29am

TemerityB wrote:The problem is now that the brand is selling out ... but it doesn't even have a clue who it's selling out to.

I think it's that lot to whom they're selling out:
https://www.watchlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43478
TemerityB wrote:Mondaine's on the verge of doing the exact same thing. It's a pity; both of the brands actually stood for something.

I haven't really paid much attention to Mondaine for the last few years. They seemed decent, dunno what they're like these days. If they indeed have chosen to take the same path as CW, they're fucked, they just don't know it yet.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Rusty » January 29th 2019, 2:47pm

Actually, if you go back to the very beginning of Christopher Ward, every year or so they introduced a model that made even its core base say WTF...with a British accent of course (no insult intended, Bloke). And then when they really didn't sell, they were offered for a good price during one of their semi-annual sales. Yes, that's right...they used to have essentially two sales a year--July and January. Now, because they have a young marketing exec and a Swiss partner that maybe calling more of the shots, they have sales at the drop of a hat. I wonder if Chris Ward regrets agreeing to have the company named after him.
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » January 29th 2019, 5:06pm

Yep, saw the email and about crapped my pants. The C8 is the model they can't even unload during their half-off sales.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Christopher Ward