Toc Watches

Watches from Other EU countries

Toc Watches

Postby koimaster » March 16th 2018, 9:13am

In 2016 we decided it was time for a change. We dove in the deep end and set up Toc Watch. We started planning, researching and designing of our 1st watch, the Toc19, which we launched in July 2017. It has now been shipped to 37 countries.

I am Will and along with Max, we are the founders of Toc Watch. We share the same passion for food, travel, motorbikes and just living life to the full.

As well as this we have always dreamed about setting up an Irish Company that incorporates our core beliefs; quality, simplicity, and value for money.

All our watches have retro styling and have the highest spec especially when considering the price point we have chosen. Everything we stand for is simple in its ideology but passionately executed.

A watch is such a personal item and that’s why our watches are designed to make a personal statement about you, the wearer.

Be part of our journey.

https://thetocwatch.com/

https://thetocwatch.com/pages/toc19

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Toc Watches

Postby TemerityB » March 16th 2018, 9:22am

"Ulysses is designed to provide a sense of purpose, a series of delightful and surprising moments."

Like laughing out loud at BS sales jargon.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » March 16th 2018, 10:26am

TemerityB wrote:"Ulysses is designed to provide a sense of purpose, a series of delightful and surprising moments."

Like laughing out loud at BS sales jargon.

But at least they are not using granny lalo to design their watches. Honest about the movements as well. Reminds me in a way of my Maurice Lacroix Petite Second.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby foghorn » March 16th 2018, 10:32am

These watches blow chunks.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » March 16th 2018, 12:06pm

That gold-ish silver dial version of the 36mm version...hmmm...where have I seen that dial and hands design before?

Save for the sub-second, well, I've seen it here, in my very own collection:

A number of brands used that dial design in the 1940s, including Longines and Zenith alright.

I'd say that if they have looked at 1940s watches for inspiration, they certainly made good use of it.

The marketing and sales jargon... Well, it sucks flaccid lingam, as it usually does, and as it always does in Kickstarter projects, but since the watches don't suck flaccid lingam, it's fine - well, maybe not fine, but all in all the brand doesn't appal me.
Last edited by MKTheVintageBloke on March 16th 2018, 12:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Mr. Bloke & No Co. , Patented Walloping Services, est.2016
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » March 16th 2018, 12:09pm

foghorn wrote:These watches blow chunks.

"You don't understand. Chunks is my dog!"
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby artman » March 16th 2018, 1:37pm

Koi's ML and MK's Zenith are much nicer. The dial design is kinda cool but I can't seem to get past the ugly Toc logo. Yuck.
artman
Master of Time

Return to European Watch Making