MALM watches

Watches from Other EU countries

MALM watches

Postby koimaster » January 8th 2019, 12:56pm

MALM is a Swedish brand producing unique and personal watches. We are driven by our desire to create, and passion for using unrefined materials. We believe beauty lies in the raw characteristics of nature, imperfect perfection.

We want to surprise with watches that have never been seen before. Based on Swedish design, we use the best materials and strive for the highest possible quality. We manufacture our collections in small volumes to preserve the uniqueness of the watches we sell so that your watch becomes truly special. Just like you

https://eu.malmwatches.com/pages/about-us

https://eu.malmwatches.com/pages/watches

One of these pilot watches as they call them use the Seiko Megaquartz movement.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: MALM watches

Postby foghorn » January 8th 2019, 1:12pm

Design
Made only in 100 pcs, using the same serial number system as the pilots in Swedish Air Force, the Dalton Black Cronograph 41 Ltd. Edition is the flagship of the Dalton collection. The watch has been developed in close co-operation with Swedish fighter pilots at the 212nd fighter squad, call-sign "Dalton".

MALM has used the traditional trademark of 212nd fighter squad division to be the basis for the design. The trademark illustrates the Swedish fighter aircrafts that have been used in the Swedish Air Force over the years. The design of the hands, numbers and indexes are therefore designed and inspired from different engine instruments and gauges that are used in current and historical fighter jets.

Case & lugs: A beautifully polished and satin brushed watch case in stainless steel with lugs in an aerodynamic shape that reminds us of the JAS39 streamlined aircraft body.

Numbers/indexes: A unique combination of the fonts that are used in the J35 Draken and the JA37 Viggen fighter jets. All numbers are designed from scratch by MALM. Indexes collected from different instruments and gauges.

Center positioned second hand (chronograph): Silhouette of JAS39 Gripen. Red lines inspired by road markers from the Swedish airfields.

Left subdial: Inspired by the JA37 Viggen altimeter.

Right subdial: Inspired by the JA37 Viggen's tachometer.

Center subdial: Inspired by the J35 Draken's tachometer.

Crown guards: Inspired by the shape of the intakes of JAS39 Gripen.

Crown: Ribbed surface in the same texture as the joystick in JA37 Viggen. Illustrates the "three crowns" of the Swedish Air Force.

Pushers: Aerodynamically shaped pushers with a ribbed surface in the same texture as the joystick of JA37 Viggen.

Bezel: Ribbed surface in the same texture as the joystick of JA37 Viggen.

What a crock!
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » January 8th 2019, 10:46pm

The dumb, ox-like Swedes came up with:

1) ABBA

2) Lutefisk

3) Me

I rest my fucking case.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » January 8th 2019, 11:25pm

Hey, don't be knocking ABBA, I had a thing for the brunette when I was a kid!

I'd put Swedish beer to your list instead :5wrew:

Incredibly, MALM watches are worse than Swedish beer.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Return to European Watch Making