Hands on with the Bulova Curv

Hands on with the Bulova Curv

Postby Racer-X » February 14th 2017, 8:46pm

Last edited by Racer-X on March 4th 2017, 12:00am, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Hands on with the Bulova Curv

Postby TemerityB » February 14th 2017, 9:01pm

I really liked this one at first glance - a modern look that somehow managed to be traditional at the same time. Plus, the UHF movement is kinda ginchy.

Then I saw the caseback and, well, that was that. I've been way, way down on Bulova ever since the moved the HQ to Manhattan; haven't agreed with a single new product they've brought out or an existing brand they've changed. This new model is promising, but I just can't cotton to it. They're getting closer.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » February 14th 2017, 9:41pm

I don't fucking hate it.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby jaw » February 15th 2017, 12:49am

I liked them too until I handled them live at Macy's. After that, I hated every variation.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby jason_recliner » February 15th 2017, 2:03am

What was wrong with them, Jaw? They look great in the pics.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby jaw » February 15th 2017, 2:19am

jason_recliner wrote:What was wrong with them, Jaw? They look great in the pics.

Felt and looked cheap and flimsy. I was really disappointed, cause I really liked the design above. Mall watches. Probably great for someone's high school graduation or some such.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby jason_recliner » February 15th 2017, 3:03am

That's a real shame.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby horn_doc » February 15th 2017, 9:31am

I just recently checked these out at our local AD. I tried one on and I thought it was lightweight and comfortable. The curved design really hugs the wrist. I'm not really into the chronographs so they wouldn't be for me, but they are very sleek and modern looking.
horn_doc
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » February 15th 2017, 9:58am

Don't see the point in a see through case back with nothing happening under it. Like staring at a washing machine when it's not turned on.
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine." ~ Cory Doctorow
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » February 15th 2017, 11:23am

jaw wrote:
Felt and looked cheap and flimsy. I was really disappointed, cause I really liked the design above. Mall watches. Probably great for someone's high school graduation or some such.

Totally in agreement - I did the same thing at the same place. Other than the Moon Watch...I don't understand what Bulova is doing, especially watering down the Precisionist movement and later jettisoning their Swiss division. And that Caravelle stuff looks and feels like Larry Magen should be selling them.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby eddiea » February 16th 2017, 10:20am

TemerityB wrote:
jaw wrote:

Totally in agreement - I did the same thing at the same place. Other than the Moon Watch...I don't understand what Bulova is doing, especially watering down the Precisionist movement and later jettisoning their Swiss division. And that Caravelle stuff looks and feels like Larry Magen should be selling them.

Mall watches best described them, hate the price too....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to Bulova & Accutron