Bulova Leaving Queens NY

Bulova Leaving Queens NY

Postby TemerityB » October 16th 2014, 7:08pm

Heavens, that building has been there forever, I pass that place in my car quite often:

Bulova Corporation, a watch-making company, is selling its headquarters at 26-15 Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in Woodside for $30 million, according to a published report.

The firm, which has owned the two-story office building since moving there in 1986, shifted a portion of its operations into a 33,000-square-foot space in the Empire State Building three months ago, Crain’s reported.


http://queenscourier.com/watchmaker-bul ... s-for-30m/

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20 ... s-for-sale
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 14395
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Bulova Leaving Queens NY

Postby Horse Feathers » October 16th 2014, 9:06pm

T,

I just drove by that building last Thursday.

Visited a potential client in Maspeth and then decided to jump on 278 to visit a friend in Wards Island.

I live about 45 minutes away from the old Hamilton complex in Lancaster PA. Those building were converted to luxury condos and apartments.

The Clock Towers Condos, Lancaster PA

Image
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9282
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Bulova Leaving Queens NY

Postby eddiea » October 17th 2014, 12:27pm

TemerityB wrote:Heavens, that building has been there forever, I pass that place in my car quite often:

Bulova Corporation, a watch-making company, is selling its headquarters at 26-15 Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in Woodside for $30 million, according to a published report.

The firm, which has owned the two-story office building since moving there in 1986, shifted a portion of its operations into a 33,000-square-foot space in the Empire State Building three months ago, Crain’s reported.


http://queenscourier.com/watchmaker-bul ... s-for-30m/

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20 ... s-for-sale

Used to pass by there every day twice on the 7 train, from Flushing to the City and back from work....
Last edited by eddiea on October 17th 2014, 6:14pm, edited 2 times in total.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 10667
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Bulova Leaving Queens NY

Postby TemerityB » October 17th 2014, 1:29pm

eddiea wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Heavens, that building has been there forever, I pass that place in my car quite often:

Bulova Corporation, a watch-making company, is selling its headquarters at 26-15 Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in Woodside for $30 million, according to a published report.

The firm, which has owned the two-story office building since moving there in 1986, shifted a portion of its operations into a 33,000-square-foot space in the Empire State Building three months ago, Crain’s reported.


http://queenscourier.com/watchmaker-bul ... s-for-30m/

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20 ... s-for-sale

Used to past by there every day twice on the 7 train, from Flushing to the City and back from work....


It all makes me wonder what will become of the service center that I am assuming is still housed in that Queens building.

I haven't agreed with a single thing Bulova has done this year (ditching Bulova Accurton for Accutron II, starting Bulova "Accu-Swiss," etc). I can't say I'm thrilled with this bit of news either.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 14395
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Bulova Leaving Queens NY

Postby eddiea » October 17th 2014, 6:14pm

TemerityB wrote:
eddiea wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Heavens, that building has been there forever, I pass that place in my car quite often:

Bulova Corporation, a watch-making company, is selling its headquarters at 26-15 Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in Woodside for $30 million, according to a published report.

The firm, which has owned the two-story office building since moving there in 1986, shifted a portion of its operations into a 33,000-square-foot space in the Empire State Building three months ago, Crain’s reported.


http://queenscourier.com/watchmaker-bul ... s-for-30m/

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20 ... s-for-sale

Used to pass by there every day twice on the 7 train, from Flushing to the City and back from work....


It all makes me wonder what will become of the service center that I am assuming is still housed in that Queens building.

I haven't agreed with a single thing Bulova has done this year (ditching Bulova Accurton for Accutron II, starting Bulova "Accu-Swiss," etc). I can't say I'm thrilled with this bit of news either.

Is a Citizen thing.... ;)
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 10667
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm


Return to Bulova & Accutron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests