Timex's New Luxury Division Brand

Timex's New Luxury Division Brand

Postby TemerityB » February 22nd 2019, 11:10am

So I get a press release:

Part of Timex Group since 2006 and originally based in La Chaux-de- Fonds, Vincent Bérard was a manufacturer of luxury mechanical watches who used Nature as a source of inspiration. By exploring his inspiring legacy and reinterpreting that connection with Nature with present day consciousness, Timex Group Luxury Division today announced the launch of a new collection of Swiss Made watches with a green soul.

The range consists of stylistic timepieces that deploy only mechanical Swiss Made movements, to avoid batteries, and use sustainable materials -recycled or eco-friendly- at a sustainable price. The green concept is visually emphasized by the customized forest green rotor, visible from the see- through case back, and by a green second hand present on all styles. Interchangeable straps made from post-consumer recycled PET bottles, vintage vegetable tanned leather or Nuo© wood, a patented material made from thin wood micro laser etched sheets, underscore the brand’s commitment to innovative and eco-conscious creations.

The press release was all garbled and messed up and this was all I could carve from it; the only site I could find that reported it is here, and at least there's a photo I guess.

https://the360mag.com/timex-introduces-vincent-berard/
"The thing is, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, when I met them, they were across the hall, and they don’t get high; they just eat a lot of pizza." - Norman Durkee
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Timex's New Luxury Division Brand

Postby foghorn » February 22nd 2019, 11:16am

I'll stick with the Timex Pedestrian Division Brand. Nice looking selection form 35-300 bucks.
That Vincent Bérard pictured sucks ass.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby JAS1125 » February 22nd 2019, 12:00pm

They lost me at "green soul"

The link to their luxury brands

https://www.timexgroupluxurydivision.com/default.aspx
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby iwasbanned » February 22nd 2019, 12:34pm

they lost me at vincent berard. talk about picking a horrible brand name.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby biglove » February 22nd 2019, 1:05pm

Timex has never been and never will be considered luxury brand, no matter how much cash and celebrity BS they buy to hawk their goods.
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » February 22nd 2019, 3:54pm

biglove wrote:Timex has never been and never will be considered luxury brand, no matter how much cash and celebrity BS they buy to hawk their goods.

I get the feeling as with Versace and the other brands in that division, you'll never hear the word "Timex" ever uttered as they try to pimp them.
"The thing is, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, when I met them, they were across the hall, and they don’t get high; they just eat a lot of pizza." - Norman Durkee
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Racer-X » February 22nd 2019, 4:00pm

I wouldn’t fully count this out. Never thought people would pay $200 for the Marlin or $500 for a G-Shock.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Rusty » February 23rd 2019, 8:23am

Didn't Vincent cut off his ear.......rather than wear a quartz wartch?
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » February 27th 2019, 12:07am

Timex Group Reboots its Luxury Division with Nature-Inspired Vincent Bérard Collection

"Timex is dipping its toes back into the waters of luxury watchmaking. The Timex Group, makers of the mass-market Timex brand as well as licensed fashion brands from Versace, Salvatore Ferragamo, and others, announced this week that it is resurrecting Vincent Bérard, a boutique maker of high-end Swiss mechanicals that it acquired in 2006 and shuttered in 2010.

As we reported back in 2010, veteran French watchmaker and antiques restorer Vincent Bérard founded his eponymous brand in 2003, and the Timex Group, which was at the time expanding its industry footprint into the then-booming luxury segment, acquired it three years later. The company, whose watches were made in limited quantities and sold for between $70,000 and $100,000, ceased operations in 2010, a casualty of the global financial crisis and Great Recession."

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/timex-group-reboots-luxury-division-vincent-berard-collection/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Timex