Glashütte Original’s New Perpetual Calendar

Glashütte Original’s New Perpetual Calendar

Postby Racer-X » March 27th 2017, 8:03am

by Mark Bernardo "Glashütte Original introduced an all-new in-house base movement, Caliber 36, at last year’s Baselworld, casing it in an elegantly simple three-hand timepiece called the Senator Excellence. Just one year later, the German luxury brand expands the Senator Excellence family with one of the watch world’s most desirable and difficult complications: a perpetual calendar."

Article at WatchTime
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 6:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Glashütte Original’s New Perpetual Calendar

Postby abduksion » March 27th 2017, 8:14am

I like it especially the clean dial layout and not to mention GO watches are underrated due to their A.Lange counterparts.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby Thunder1 » March 27th 2017, 8:22am

Despite having 5 complications, the dial is uncluttered..wow..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » March 28th 2017, 11:31am

Thunder1 wrote:Despite having 5 complications, the dial is uncluttered..wow..

Man, that's the bomb. And as I note in my sig, everyone should have at least one perpetual calendar, even if it's on a quartz watch. I just dig the whole concept, and in this case, good heavens .. that's just so beautiful right there. Style wise, it's just so perfectly balanced; it's hittin' all the sweet spots, at least where I live. I'm not of the means to own it, but I'm surely admiring it from afar.
Since many people weren't in lockstep with his beloved cheese box shit watch brand, The Cruise King ran off blowing snot bubbles, far away from his once-beloved forum. Here, eat this mudpie, Paw Paw. It tastes like a Hershey bar. Go ahead, dig in.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » March 28th 2017, 3:04pm

TemerityB wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:Despite having 5 complications, the dial is uncluttered..wow..

Man, that's the bomb. And as I note in my sig, everyone should have at least one perpetual calendar, even if it's on a quartz watch. I just dig the whole concept, and in this case, good heavens .. that's just so beautiful right there. Style wise, it's just so perfectly balanced; it's hittin' all the sweet spots, at least where I live. I'm not of the means to own it, but I'm surely admiring it from afar.

Agree perpetual calendars are more fun than a barrel of monkeys - I have a quartz version of whatever ETA's perp movement is (was) in of all things a vintage Invicta, circa 1995'ish. It is a really handsome watch, 1 of 3 Invictas I still have (a lupah marked Swiss with a chinese mfgd movement, and an open heart diver that was my nephew's who passed, Citizen/Miyota skeleton mvmt), but the best aspect of it is how much fun it is to set.

I really like the layout of the dial, but overall, not one of my favorite GO's.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » March 28th 2017, 4:52pm

This watch gives me a perpetual boner.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » March 28th 2017, 6:48pm

conjurer wrote:This watch gives me a perpetual boner.

You aren't alone in your bonerdom.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to Glashütte Original