Glashütte Original, a study in complex elegance

Glashütte Original, a study in complex elegance

Postby koimaster » November 12th 2018, 9:31am

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: I’ve got a real soft spot for German watchmaking, but especially for Glashütte Original. Underappreciated, and painfully under-marketed anywhere outside of Europe, they are one of VERY few brands that manufacture their own dials and cases (in a separate facility in Pforzheim, not in Glashütte proper). Over the years, things like the ’60s and ’70s collections have consistently grabbed my attention, as did last year’s steel versions of the Senator Chronograph Panorama Date, but in 2018 something slightly outside my usual lines of watch attraction caught my eye — the large, somewhat traditionally styled, yet uniquely configured Senator Cosmopolite in steel. This steel version arrives three years after its initial launch in gold, and cuts its retail price down a fair bit (20,700 euros versus 38,000). As a world timer of immensely practical design from a technical standpoint (more on that later), there’s an appreciable shift towards functionality with the inclusion of a steel case that just makes sense with this watch, which is precisely why I was eager to give it some wrist time for a more in-depth review.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/depth-gl ... -elegance/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Glashütte Original, a study in complex elegance

Postby conjurer » November 12th 2018, 9:35am

That one's nice. The plethora of tyme knobs makes my dick hard.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Glashütte Original, a study in complex elegance

Postby foghorn » November 12th 2018, 9:49am

conjurer wrote:That one's nice. The plethora of tyme knobs makes my dick hard.

IMHO more of a bevy.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to Glashütte Original