Ikepod Duopod And Chronopod

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

Ikepod Duopod And Chronopod

Postby Racer-X » September 18th 2018, 4:54pm

"I'll just come right out and say it. I really did not want to like these watches. I'm something of a purist by nature and the idea of reviving the Ikepod brand without Marc Newson just seemed wrong to me. It's like if Genesis decided to go on a reunion tour without Phil Collins...or something. However, it's sometimes best for us to set our more knee-jerk impulses aside, even if reluctantly. I can whine all I want about Ikepod no longer involving Marc Newson, but those days are in the rearview mirror and I can either take the new watches on their own merits or let them pass my unnoticed. I decided to the do the former and I'm thankful that I did. Looking at them objectively, Ikepod's two new models are excellent design-driven quartz watches made to an exceptional standard and offered at a fair and affordable price."

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ikepod-duopod-chronopod-hands-on
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Ikepod Duopod And Chronopod

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 18th 2018, 5:19pm

Bleh. Boring and ghey. Marc Newson? Isn't that the sod who designed that ridiculous hour glass for Hoodwinkee? If so, I take that back. Not just ghey. It's ghey, ghey, and ghey threescore.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby gerdson » September 18th 2018, 8:35pm

Ikepod. I never even knew they ever existed and died. And now they have been revived. And who's that guy again? Uh, next topic, please.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 18th 2018, 9:27pm

Uck.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Mark1 » September 18th 2018, 10:18pm

Nice strap.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » September 18th 2018, 10:21pm

Fuck! I can't believe I even fucking clicked on that fucking link. My fucking eyes burned right out of my skull. These Decupod-La-la watches make me want to fucking puke. I doubt I've ever seen anything as fucking ghey as this shit, and I once watched Raymond Burr eating a fucking Slim-Jim. There is literally no Cabriole table leg big enough to hammer up my fucking ass to express my fucking foggy-like ennui over this fucking shit. These are superb wartchs for hipster cocksuckers--nothing there; no interesting movement, no interesting fucking design, no fucking shit at all. Oh! I can imagine some millennial screaming, Oh! These watches are so interesting!! I can wear one whilst sipping a decoupage latte in my skinny jeans! I could Instagram the shit out of these, and all my Instagram pals will be shitting into their skinny jeans and porkpie fucking hats! Fuck that shit, man. These are complete, utter shit. I'd rather put my sister into an Akron whorehouse to get fucked in the ass by a bunch of Bandido bikers than put one of these on my brother's fucking wrist. This wartchs make me spew my fucking guts out. The wartche is ghey, the shape is fucking ghey, and the motherfucking colourways are fucking ghey. I'd rather ram a fucking red-hot branding iron up my fucking ass than look at this cocksucking shit again. The only people who'd wear this fucking shit are limp-wristed homos and Public School bois from the U fucking K who have been so fucking rectally traumatized that they wouldn't fucking know the goddamn difference. I wouldn't strap one of these pieces of motherfucking shit onto the wrist of my worst fucking enemies just before shoving the bastards head-first into a fucking blast furnace.

I really don't care for these watches.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » September 19th 2018, 3:36am

All made by a guy called Ichabod!
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby codguy » September 19th 2018, 5:37am

conjurer wrote:Fuck!

That's for saving me from clicking the link conj

Mrs. Pacerguy is gonna smell like a catcher's mitt after December 25 - TemerityB
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Falstaff » September 19th 2018, 8:49am

Ikepod? Duopod? Chronopod? Apparently designed either by cephalopods or arthropods.
"Be careful with that axe, Eugene."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby 3Flushes » September 20th 2018, 12:59pm

NEXT!
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects