Bornova watches

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

Bornova watches

Postby koimaster » April 10th 2018, 4:32pm

Inspired by Antiquity
Inspired by the beauty of the erstwhile 'Birunabad', in the Izmir province in western Turkey, we present to you Bornova, a brand of high quality, elegant dress watches with very sophisticated mechanical movements.
The logo is inspired by the world's first coins made of electrum, a gold and silver alloy and minted by the Lydian people, native to the Anatolian region of Izmir and western Turkey, paving a way to the economics of the world as we know it today

https://bornova-watches.com

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Bornova watches

Postby biglove » April 10th 2018, 5:15pm

Not a bad looking group of watches. Price seems reasonableenough.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » April 10th 2018, 5:20pm

The marketing claptrap seems to be consistent with all Kickstarter microbrands, which means that it blows. Not nearly as badly as Boomerang, but still, it blows.

The watch itself, however, doesn't blow. I like the design. Good movement, nice dial and hands, the size is right.

OK, it doesn't blow except the font used for the brand name on the dial, because that's the one feature of this watch that does blow flaccid lingam.

Frankly, there's one thing that's really disappointing about these watches. They're not annoying nearly enough to make me want to verbally beat the shit out of them and their manufacturer.

Speaking of bashing the microbrands, somehow I just can't wait for another Kickstarter micro to come over here and try to promote themselves. That Boomerang shite was beyond enjoyable to bash. Hope another one comes to the forum, so that I can have some fun.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby bedlam » April 10th 2018, 5:25pm

Not terrible overall, but I abhor small seconds.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Postby foghorn » April 10th 2018, 5:44pm

There are plenty of decent watches already available without the need for some fuckwads with a little money and a penchant for bullshit to start selling ,yet not completed, but pay now , fucking watches with goddamn idiotic claims of some fucking obscure inspiration. I don't care how nice the movement is or how they look prior to manufacture. Who's gonna service these once the asshole company goes tits up 9 months after the roll out? These guys,and others like them, can kiss my spotty behind.

There aren't enough FTF'nW's in the universe for this Bornuva hipsters vape infested mind to go around.

Thanks for sharing.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » April 10th 2018, 5:50pm

Nice looking, unfortunate name. Too bad it's not affordable luxury, though.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » April 10th 2018, 10:07pm

Interestingly, this watch doesn't really quite make me want to hammer a Cabriole table leg up my fucking ass.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » April 11th 2018, 7:02am

foghorn wrote:There are plenty of decent watches already available without the need for some fuckwads with a little money and a penchant for bullshit to start selling ,yet not completed, but pay now , fucking watches with goddamn idiotic claims of some fucking obscure inspiration. I don't care how nice the movement is or how they look prior to manufacture. Who's gonna service these once the asshole company goes tits up 9 months after the roll out? These guys,and others like them, can kiss my spotty behind.

There aren't enough FTF'nW's in the universe for this Bornuva hipsters vape infested mind to go around.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm with you. Kickerstarter crud and most micros: Answering questions that nobody asked in the first place.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby bobbee » April 11th 2018, 7:16am

TemerityB wrote:
foghorn wrote:There are plenty of decent watches already available without the need for some fuckwads with a little money and a penchant for bullshit to start selling ,yet not completed, but pay now , fucking watches with goddamn idiotic claims of some fucking obscure inspiration. I don't care how nice the movement is or how they look prior to manufacture. Who's gonna service these once the asshole company goes tits up 9 months after the roll out? These guys,and others like them, can kiss my spotty behind.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm with you. Kickerstarter crud and most micros: Answering questions that nobody asked in the first place.

And there you have it.
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine." ~ Cory Doctorow
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » April 11th 2018, 1:06pm

Actually rather attractive - reminds me of my Muhle Glashutte Teutonia II - and not cluttered up by a fucking date. Wish the 7001 were a hacker, though.
"Be careful with that axe, Eugene."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects