First Fawn of 2017..

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends

First Fawn of 2017..

Postby Thunder1 » May 4th 2017, 4:34pm

Got home from work, got out of the car, and saw our first fawn of 2017..I didn't want to get too close, so it isn't a great photo..the mom is laying down on the other side of my fence(in my neighbors' lot) and the 1 day old fawn is trying to slip its' head through the fence to get to mom..pretty cute!!!..we should be having 2 or 3 more shortly..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: First Fawn of 2017..

Postby foghorn » May 4th 2017, 5:05pm

Oh deer.

How did mom and fawn get separated?

We have deer here and my wife loves them until they eat the hostas. But she never gets mad for long. She just gets more hostas.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » May 4th 2017, 5:16pm

Pretty sure the mom is just taking a break from nursing duties and letting the fawn find its' legs...she and her cohorts also like to graze in the back of that lot..they jump over that fence as easily as I sit down in my favorite arm chair..been feeding that mom off and on(and several others since they were fawns), so they aren't terribly afraid of me..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Racer-X » May 4th 2017, 5:22pm

Very cool. We had a salt lick at my parents place and enjoyed watching them. Miss it now that we're in the city.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » May 4th 2017, 9:58pm

Country cool.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby gerdson » May 4th 2017, 11:23pm

Ah, I thought I could recognize what is was on the picture, but had expected another animal. I had to look up the term. I always thought "bambi" was the official word in English. :mrgreen:

Is that from a real "deer" (I mean a bigger one) or more from a "roe deer"?

Around our house (appr. 300 yards from the woods, actually there is smaller strip of wood directly opposite of our driveway also), there are fallow deer. Last week Friday night, when we got home late, there was a flock of 14 of them, on the road about half a mile from our place. They also make one of our dogs go crazy, when we are out walking. It is her on the right:
She can be so cute, You'd think she could never harm anything. Until You see her go off... :???:
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » May 5th 2017, 3:39am

gerdson wrote:Ah, I thought I could recognize what is was on the picture, but had expected another animal. I had to look up the term. I always thought "bambi" was the official word in English. :mrgreen:

Is that from a real "deer" (I mean a bigger one) or more from a "roe deer"?

Around our house (appr. 300 yards from the woods, actually there is smaller strip of wood directly opposite of our driveway also), there are fallow deer. Last week Friday night, when we got home late, there was a flock of 14 of them, on the road about half a mile from our place. They also make one of our dogs go crazy, when we are out walking. It is her on the right:
She can be so cute, You'd think she could never harm anything. Until You see her go off... :???:

Cute dog!!!..

In the Southwest, the white tailed deer are the most common variety of deer found...here is a short blub about them..
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/anima ... iled-deer/
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Wasp » May 5th 2017, 5:11am

dear....cute.

The wiff is an ace ...hit 5. Proudly I told my neighbor Jennifer, she smirked and told me she has 14. Dear central, I'm in a Federal park and there is not much traffic on my road.

I was in PT one day and I was small talking the therapist about a dear incident that happened on the Garden State Parkway in south Jersey the day before. A woman was driving to south Jersey to pick her car up that had broken down the day before. Her mother was in the back seat. The car hit a dear. The animal went through the windshield and ended up in the back seat where it proceeded to kick the mother to death.

The gal I was talking to went big eyed on me and grabbed my arm. She forceably whispered "that was Ch**** and her mother!!!!! Sure as shit. I knew the gal driving pretty damn well.

A neighbor three miles away liked his corn and cards. The Gendarmes would sit in their cars and watch the house for the Wednesday night fights card game. Ranger told me he is watching the house and a beautiful 8 point buck meandered onto the side property. A quiet still evening and he hears a widow open on the house. The dear looks at the noise as a rifle barrel sticks through the window. Mikee was a guest of the Feds for the night and stayed in deep kimci for a while.

The small ones are as most small mammals are charming. It can't help to put a smile on my face when they play and hop and pop around like a mad hatter.

Cheers
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » May 6th 2017, 4:35pm

Day 3 for this new fawn and a better shot of the proud momma and her little one..the fawn started walking away from me as I approached them..
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » May 6th 2017, 4:39pm

Apparently the little one has an early disdain for Ebels!

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Wasp » May 6th 2017, 4:40pm

I'm feelin it. Love mamas and babies.

Cheers
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » May 6th 2017, 5:03pm

foghorn wrote:Apparently the little one has an early disdain for Ebels!

Could be...none of his friends are wearing one..
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » May 14th 2017, 10:14am

Our 2nd fawn for this season showed up late last week...expecting to see at least one more..
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Pet World