Shawn Wilsie says good-bye to Watchgeeks

Affordable Watches

Re: Shawn Wilsie says good-bye to Watchgeeks

Postby Watch Noob » February 7th 2011, 7:13am

Guys, we've been down this road before. Koi and I have had our PM boxes flooded last time with half the forum demanding censorship and the other half saying they don't like it, but censorship is wrong and where do you draw the line?

We're all adults here, if you don't like the posts, by all means express your opinions if you desire. I will ask that everyone use their heads (including me) when we post here.

Thanks.
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Postby andrema » February 7th 2011, 8:20am

mpswatches wrote:And Shawn is gay, so that did it for him.

You are a douchebag! This statement is pure speculation and is uncalled for.

Even if it were true, it is inappropriate.

Assholes like you are the reason that people get turned away from sites like Alain's. Here is a site that actually performs a service to the WIS community and you want to bring BS statements like this into the mix?? Alain and others have worked hard to bring to light what others fail to -- The truth about dishonest and unethical business practices of various watch companies, like Invicta, Renato...etc.

Scumbags like you are the reason that some people look away, because they don't want to see these types of ignorant posts!

Last edited by andrema on February 7th 2011, 12:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrema

Postby hondaman » February 7th 2011, 11:05am

Very simple for me.....it is not my business to know or speculate. Shawn is the only host I would watch if I had to watch SNBC. The fact that he does not make the juvenile comments like Skelton does shows me that Shawn understands how to present himself in a professional manner. My opinion is that the comment was out of line but enjoy the fact that this forum allows our members to express themselves freely.
hondaman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Aqua Homer » February 17th 2011, 9:31pm

Bahoomba wrote:It's a little ironic that the comment made here is no doubt the type of thing that drove Wilsie away from WGs in the first place. And the last thing this (or any site) needs is to be compared to WGs.

I don't think that comment was appropriate. Actually, I'm offended by it as well.

koi, dark, I'm the last one for censorship, but unsubstantiated claims like that have no place being published in any manner. It's your call, but that's pretty lame.

Topic matter aside, cause I don't give a fuck, but who the fuck are you to come around and suggest Alain start scrubbing shit. You are just another Geek who made a cool anti-establishment post over there, and then come here thinking you are a celebrity of some sort. Me and a few others have been lambasting Skelton/Geeks et:al before you knew what a watch forum was....let alone Watchgeeks. You ex-geek fuckers need a debriefing area to pound eachothers chests. GHEY.
Aqua Homer
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » February 17th 2011, 10:54pm

Shawn left because of the tone of WG, not a specific topic. I asked him about it as there was also some comments made about George Takai and his TV commercials.

In his comments to me it was all about the tone, the bully boy comments and the lemming mentality. I do not think he was comfortable with the way it was run either. Shawn is a different breed than the skels of this world. A professional in what he does and how he carries himself.

As to who sleeps with whom, none of our business IMO. I believe in don't ask don't tell. If you don't ask if I am sleeping with your wife or daughter, I won't tell.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby nlandin » February 18th 2011, 12:50am

Aqua Homer wrote:
Bahoomba wrote:It's a little ironic that the comment made here is no doubt the type of thing that drove Wilsie away from WGs in the first place. And the last thing this (or any site) needs is to be compared to WGs.

I don't think that comment was appropriate. Actually, I'm offended by it as well.

koi, dark, I'm the last one for censorship, but unsubstantiated claims like that have no place being published in any manner. It's your call, but that's pretty lame.

Topic matter aside, cause I don't give a fuck, but who the fuck are you to come around and suggest Alain start scrubbing shit. You are just another Geek who made a cool anti-establishment post over there, and then come here thinking you are a celebrity of some sort. Me and a few others have been lambasting Skelton/Geeks et:al before you knew what a watch forum was....let alone Watchgeeks. You ex-geek fuckers need a debriefing area to pound eachothers chests. GHEY.

WTF!? All you ever post is a "fuck you ex-Geeks...I've been here before...Holier than WL-shit" You are just as bad as those who you are against/slam. You claim this is a forum of "freedom" yet you condemn ex-geeks who post. Hey, we all start somewhere, you probably was just as fucked as those you slam when you started learning about watches, etc. Sorry, they (or I) have not obtained your level of "Honor" to post some thing that you deem as worthy to read and agree to. Give them a break! Let them learn without the beat down. Give them understanding, not just a beating or ridicule.
nlandin
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Datsun240Z71 » February 18th 2011, 3:19am

nlandin wrote:
Aqua Homer wrote:

WTF!? All you ever post is a "fuck you ex-Geeks...I've been here before...Holier than WL-shit" You are just as bad as those who you are against/slam. You claim this is a forum of "freedom" yet you condemn ex-geeks who post. Hey, we all start somewhere, you probably was just as fucked as those you slam when you started learning about watches, etc. Sorry, they (or I) have not obtained your level of "Honor" to post some thing that you deem as worthy to read and agree to. Give them a break! Let them learn without the beat down. Give them understanding, not just a beating or ridicule.

Agreed.

Come on Mike (AH), give a little slack.
Randy in Nashville
Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Postby TemerityB » February 18th 2011, 4:56am

Wow. That's really fucking lame.
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Watch Noob » February 18th 2011, 5:37am

I like Shawn, but to tell you the truth I was still confused over the whole Takai commercial. I watched the commercial a few times, and still don't get it.

Incident aside, Mikey is a major part of our check and balance system here. He helps keep the new ex-Geeks in line. We rarely delete a post or let alone a thread here at WL unless it's in seriously bad taste (e.g. pictures of dumbasses on a toliet showing their watch).

Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Postby koimaster » February 18th 2011, 5:56am

Watch Noob wrote:I like Shawn, but to tell you the truth I was still confused over the whole Takai commercial. I watched the commercial a few times, and still don't get it.

Incident aside, Mikey is a major part of our check and balance system here. He helps keep the new ex-Geeks in line. We rarely delete a post or let alone a thread here at WL unless it's in seriously bad taste (e.g. pictures of dumbasses on a toliet showing their watch).

It wasn't the commercial by itself. The OP of that thread made comments about George that were over the top and anti-gay. Positions on sexuality are rather hard and fast in the real world and in the case of the thread some comments were tasteless. If you do not like gay people or anyone else, a watch forum, especially one like geeks is not the place to discuss it.

My take on things like that is simple, look at the color of your blood and theirs. Both are red, not red and pink, red and black and so on.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Seattle » February 18th 2011, 6:05am

Racism, discrimination, fear.....will always be a part of the human makeup. Not saying it's right, just that it's all around us.
Don't like me because of skin color, sexual orientation, etc....OK by me, no really, stay away. Image
Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Postby iwasbanned » February 18th 2011, 6:10am

Seattle wrote:Racism, discrimination, fear.....will always be a part of the human makeup. Not saying it's right, just that it's all around us.
Don't like me because of skin color, sexual orientation, etc....OK by me, no really, stay away. Image

So long as men can breathe and eyes can see.

iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby Seattle » February 18th 2011, 6:14am

iwasbanned wrote:
Seattle wrote:Racism, discrimination, fear.....will always be a part of the human makeup. Not saying it's right, just that it's all around us.

So long as men can breathe and eyes can see.

Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Aqua Homer » February 18th 2011, 7:46am

To whomever posted the "WTF AH? all you ever do is..." detritus...... You have no fucking idea what I am talking about, let alone what you are talking about. As I see it, a shitload of you guys post screenshots from Geeks, find posters there that are not too scared to post slighty against the grain stuff, and then start a three page thread about "Welcome to Lords Member X" "See you soon Member X"
Then, someone here invariably knows "member x" from Geeks, contacts him, and advises him to come take a look at lords. Member X see's all of the attention being given him here by the former Geek fan club, and feels like a fucking star. Like we are all justing waiting with bated breath for him to join us. Then Member X posts a glorious, entitled introductory post proclaiming "I am MEMBER X!!!!" I am the one who stood up against the Geeks!!! Then expects everyone to treat him/her like a fucking star or something. This happens all the godamned time, but two recent ones stand out right now.... Silent Sam, and Bahoomba, or whatever his name is.

Perhaps this forum is changing direction, and that is fine, but when I joined, this forum was for old disgruntled forum vets who hated Geeks and the MEMBERS of Geeks. Each and every one of you were ridiculed mercilessly at our hands. Now this place is like a Geek deprogramming center, and you fucks are everywhere. So again, so I am clear. FUCK YOU, and Fuck You too Randy!!!
Aqua Homer
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Bahoomba » February 18th 2011, 8:07am

Aqua Homer wrote:To whomever posted the "WTF AH? all you ever do is..." detritus...... You have no fucking idea what I am talking about, let alone what you are talking about. As I see it, a shitload of you guys post screenshots from Geeks, find posters there that are not too scared to post slighty against the grain stuff, and then start a three page thread about "Welcome to Lords Member X" "See you soon Member X"
Then, someone here invariably knows "member x" from Geeks, contacts him, and advises him to come take a look at lords. Member X see's all of the attention being given him here by the former Geek fan club, and feels like a fucking star. Like we are all justing waiting with bated breath for him to join us. Then Member X posts a glorious, entitled introductory post proclaiming "I am MEMBER X!!!!" I am the one who stood up against the Geeks!!! Then expects everyone to treat him/her like a fucking star or something. This happens all the godamned time, but two recent ones stand out right now.... Silent Sam, and Bahoomba, or whatever his name is.

Perhaps this forum is changing direction, and that is fine, but when I joined, this forum was for old disgruntled forum vets who hated Geeks and the MEMBERS of Geeks. Each and every one of you were ridiculed mercilessly at our hands. Now this place is like a Geek deprogramming center, and you fucks are everywhere. So again, so I am clear. FUCK YOU, and Fuck You too Randy!!!

Aqua,

Uh...okay...

First off, I never said I wanted anything scrubbed. I'm against censorship, but I was hoping Koi would rebuke an absoute slur, which he did about two posts later. Damn the lousy business practices of Invicta and trash the lame WGs, sure, go ahead. But I've read this site for a long time before joining, and character assassinations go over the fucking line. Wilsie (or anyone else) doesn't deserve that. My only point. I worry that kind of stuff will only put a bad light on this place, particularly with the way koi is sticking his neck out and trying to get his just due.

Secondly, who is a "star" for joining a watch blog - or for leaving one? If you want to damn me for once being a member of that lame WG site, have at it. I guess that makes me a walking bop bag clown, have fun. Good gravy - what is the fucking point? Anyone who was with WG is a useless POS? Uh...sure...

So if you wanna rank out on me because of my past membership on WG, knock yourself out. I have enough of a life that I don't have to join the ranks of keyboard bullies to justify my existence. So have at me - but if I read you right and you and the others "founded" this place with the sole intention of hammering WGs ... dude, that's just the horology equivalent of those Justin Bieber fans altering that jazz player's Wikipedia page because he lost his Grammy. And that would be every bit as insipid.

Aqua, I don't mean (or want) to get into a pissing match; you'll hammer me now, obviously. I'd prefer to get along with everyone here; it's just a watch site. But hey, at least I won't get banned here for speaking truth.

So, back to the original point: When someone does something that's screamingly wrong, I say something about it. Sorry if not being a mouth-foaming desk jockey doesn't quality me to be here.

Last edited by Anonymous on February 18th 2011, 8:10am, edited 1 time in total.
"America’s leading industry, America’s most profitable business, is still the manufacture, packaging, distribution and marketing of bullshit. High-quality, grade-A, prime-cut, pure, American bullshit." - George Carlin
Bahoomba
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Watch Noob » February 18th 2011, 8:10am

Image Image
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Aqua Homer » February 18th 2011, 8:24am

I have a life as well, Bahoomba. Please notice I have only 500 posts. Perhaps it is Alain I should be upset with, because he has spent an immense amount of energy into getting some kind of a criminal prosecution launched against Geeks and it's admins. I am not going to blast you, (at least not right now). It was made clear even before you joined, that you were or are some kind of a journalist, or wordsmith. Just like I would tell Boscoe....good for you. My dullard ass can keep up with you if need be, however, so keep that in mind. I know quite a few here are hoping and waiting for me to do my usual "tune up" on you, but I am just not feeling that today. Have fun and enjoy yourself. I just see this forum changing at a drastic pace, and it sucks.
Aqua Homer
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Bahoomba » February 18th 2011, 8:42am

Aqua,

Don't worry, dude. The place is now a little less sucky...trust me on that.
"America’s leading industry, America’s most profitable business, is still the manufacture, packaging, distribution and marketing of bullshit. High-quality, grade-A, prime-cut, pure, American bullshit." - George Carlin
Bahoomba
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » February 18th 2011, 9:22am

Aqua Homer wrote:To whomever posted the "WTF AH? all you ever do is..." detritus...... You have no fucking idea what I am talking about, let alone what you are talking about. As I see it, a shitload of you guys post screenshots from Geeks, find posters there that are not too scared to post slighty against the grain stuff, and then start a three page thread about "Welcome to Lords Member X" "See you soon Member X"

Aqua Homer wrote:I have a life as well, Bahoomba. Please notice I have only 500 posts. Perhaps it is Alain I should be upset with, because he has spent an immense amount of energy into getting some kind of a criminal prosecution launched against Geeks and it's admins. I am not going to blast you, (at least not right now). It was made clear even before you joined, that you were or are some kind of a journalist, or wordsmith. Just like I would tell Boscoe....good for you. My dullard ass can keep up with you if need be, however, so keep that in mind. I know quite a few here are hoping and waiting for me to do my usual "tune up" on you, but I am just not feeling that today. Have fun and enjoy yourself. I just see this forum changing at a drastic pace, and it sucks.

AH, This place will never become anything like geeks, that I can promise you and everyone else. I will shut the place down first. Secondly, I do agree with the " three page thread about "Welcome to Lords Member X". IMHO, comments like that are as lame as some of the posts I read which are " I need your help with deciding which undies to wear with my big ass watch". Nothing wrong with having been a member of geeks, lots of people here were members at one time. Some never drank the BS, some did. Same thing happened at WUS, WTF and BDWF. There were lots of "geeks" who followed the Skel crowd. A lot moved on, some stayed.

I do not hate members of watchgeeks, and never have. I detest some of them as trolls and bullies with the horology knowledge of a worm. Some fell into the shopnbc "we are your friend" trap and others need to get a life. Some join or stay because of the social side of things. But a lot of geeks lurk here and there are many members from geeks here who never post as there are from BDWF, WTF and WUS. There are even a couple of members from Purist here. Not all geeks are bad but with that said, people do need to fit into this forum. It will not change because I will make course corrections as needed. WL does not need nor want everyone to think the same way as that gets boring and gives AH nothing to do. Image But those who come here and post as they did elsewhere need to understand that will not work here. You fit in or you leave of your own accord.

If you are blasted here, my advice, deal with it. Fight back, use ignore or tell them to kiss your ass. Do not take the bait here. Use your head and not knee jerk reactions when responding. Post facts if making claims such as silentsam has made or call it what it is, speculation or a thought, not a fact. We purge membership rolls here on a regular basis and we vet members here. This will never be a large forum by choice. Trust me when I tell you that I can back up claims that we have traffic here equal to or more than far older forums.

This forum may not fit a member and there is a sub forum with a lot of links to other forums that may be a better fit for that member. I have read posts related to me and lawsuits etc. My aim has nothing to do with money. Jim Skelton and crew are white trash in my opinion. My aim is to expose them for the world to see and put them behind bars is possible. If I cannot do that, I will continue to expose them and the lies they tell. I am not alone in that. Do not give me too much credit for that. AH, Boscoe, DX, Foghorn and others have been doing this for years. They deserve the credit for exposing JS and the lies. Sometime this forum helps by exposing the lies and the word spreads.

WG members know how to use their brains as we do. Some choose to do so and others do not. Many move on to other forums including this one. Those that are here though should not expect to change this place into Watchfreeks, Watchgeeks, BDWF, XMT or elsewhere.

Now I am going to address the faggot, nigger, slope etc crap I read. Open forum means once again, show some class and restraint. Just because you can do does not mean you have to. No one needs to change their spots, just don't always show them. I do not give a damn if you are a bigot, your life, your issue. I do not care if you are religous or not, again, your life your issue. Just use some common sense when you post.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby DX » February 18th 2011, 10:17am

Alain, well addressed again.
Koi, AH, Boscoe, Foggy... As always like it or not DX has your back. Well maybe Cisco Kid Image
DX
Watchlord WIS

Postby DIAMANTE » February 18th 2011, 12:18pm

People being called gay is not new around here.

Awhile back there were some of pictures of NYCruza posted in his ridiculous leather biker vest and there were several posts along the lines of, "who is the old fag?" "definitely a homo" etc...

I don't care if someone is gay or straight. Name calling is part of the give and take - sheeple, geeks, morons, idiots, hillbillies, trailor trash, douchenozzle (which makes me laugh everytime I read it) drunk, fuzzy bunny, asshat, troll, whatever. Why should "gay" get a pass?

D

Last edited by Anonymous on February 18th 2011, 12:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIAMANTE
Watchlord WIS

Postby Datsun240Z71 » February 18th 2011, 12:24pm

Hey Mike, remember when you used to post stuff about knockoffs, terrorists and such that "even a cheerleader could understand" (that quote stands out to this day because of it's geekishness, and I hereby give Silent Sam permission to use it)without any facts or verification, and hated to be called out on it, which I did repeatedly when you were Temp or Banned or whatever at BDWF? Seems like you finally came around a couple of years ago, and I recall you at one time even giving me props for helping to set you straight or not putting up with your former newb nonsense or something to that effect. We all know you're a tough guy, but you do have a tendency IMO to broadbrush folks a little too hastily, like you did me (Fuck You too Randy!!!.) just for asking you to ease up a little, and give folks the benefit of the doubt or at least a little slack until they hang themselves, which will happen eventually if they're true geeks.

I've been on these forums I believe longer than you, was invited here by Alain, whom I infinitely respect and admire, as I do many of the old-timers here, and you should as well, and I don't think I have to prove myself or where I stand to you or anyone else.

Thanks Mike... for being you.
Randy in Nashville
Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Watch Noob » February 18th 2011, 1:12pm

DIAMANTE wrote:People being called gay is not new around here.

Awhile back there were some of pictures of NYCruza posted in his ridiculous leather biker vest and there were several posts along the lines of, "who is the old fag?" "definitely a homo" etc...

I don't care if someone is gay or straight. Name calling is part of the give and take - sheeple, geeks, morons, idiots, hillbillies, trailor trash, douchenozzle (which makes me laugh everytime I read it) drunk, fuzzy bunny, asshat, troll, whatever. Why should "gay" get a pass?

D

Agreed 100%. btw, that Wanda Sykes commercial where she tells those teenagers at the resteraunt not to use the term "That's Gay". Well......that's gay and you're only about 10 years too late. Now get back in the closet and munch some rug.
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Postby nlandin » February 18th 2011, 1:27pm

Aqua Homer wrote:To whomever posted the "WTF AH? all you ever do is..." detritus...... You have no fucking idea what I am talking about, let alone what you are talking about...."but when I joined, this forum was for old disgruntled forum vets who hated Geeks and the MEMBERS of Geeks."

Well I'm glad you are using your big Biology words here...once again you spew your words, telling others you are the only one who knows all. LOL
OK, Aqua, you are the holy WG vet who "battled the internet forum wars" to allow you to shine. Well, I'm glad for you, then share your battle tested knowledge of watches...you win.
nlandin
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Aqua Homer » February 18th 2011, 2:52pm

@Randy.... You know what I think of you, and know damn well that I was kidding. For you to get upset about my FU is perplexing to me, and I have addressed you you-know-where. To the rest of you fucking Geek lifetime members, and forum Johnny-come-lately's..... FUCK OFF! Be proud of yourselves that you finally came out of your fogs. Enjoy this forum for what it is, but you will have to deal with me, as part of the experience.
Aqua Homer
Senior Member & WIS

PreviousNext

Return to The Frugal Connoisseur's Corner