Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

Affordable Watches including those sold by informercial

Re: Swatch Sues Sturhling unoriginal

Postby koimaster » January 2nd 2019, 1:25pm

koimaster wrote:1:12-cv-02927-DLI-RLM The Swatch Group (US) Inc. v. Sturhling Original LLC et al

Last motion was 11/26 for an extention of time to respond. Both parties trying to work things out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8dc4ag95A&t=76s

Suit was eventually settled as many remember for $1 which was what the entire Stuhrling company was worth and the pulling and destruction of all Ricochet models.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » January 2nd 2019, 3:02pm

A great dig-up, koi. I also remember the ass wipe that runs SO claiming they "won" the suit because they only had to pay a dollar. As if taking 1,000 watches and pulling them off the market is some sort of victory.

As a tireless watch fan (I really do comb the catacombs looking at watches all the time, everywhere), I know one thing is for sure - SO has NOT learned its lesson. The following pics are from Amazon:

Anyone want an Aqua Terra?

Why suffer though that long wait for a Daytona?

And a host of watches that take design "cues" from everyone from GO to Tissot.

And on it goes. But to me, an homage is an homage; happens all the time. But remember the Chinese tourbillons (a joke in and of themselves) with the free styrofoam pellets included in the case as a booby prize? The skeletons that literally fall apart as they sit in your watch box? And so it goes? SO, SO & CO, Akribos, whatever they call themselves these days - these are slapped-together shit watches even at 1/10th what they're asking for them.

We ride Invicta, sure - but I've always believed that Stuhrling is bout five pegs below anything Lalo has ever done. Being a fly in their oatmeal, even from afar, remains a moment of pure satisfaction for me; here's hoping Swatch keeps their retainer on speed dial.

And for any lurkers or anyone else who might think I'm being over the top: No less an expert than PhatKat Collections on YouTube described Stuhrling Original as "a fantastic watch company."

I rest my case.
Last edited by TemerityB on January 2nd 2019, 3:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby JAS1125 » January 2nd 2019, 3:09pm

TemerityB wrote:A great dig-up, koi. I also remember the ass wipe that runs SO claiming they "won" the suit because they only had to pay a dollar. As if taking 1,000 watches and pulling them off the market is some sort of victory.

As a tireless watch fan (I really do comb the catacombs looking at watches all the time, everywhere), I know one thing is for sure - SO has NOT learned its lesson. The following pics are from Amazon:

Anyone want an Aqua Terra?

And on it goes. .

Hell, TB...they look nothing alike. Omega has a horizontal dial pattern and the SO had vertical.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » January 2nd 2019, 3:12pm

JAS1125 wrote:Hell, TB...they look nothing alike. Omega has a horizontal dial pattern and the SO had vertical.

Gee, my bad. :wink:
I bought a dive watch from them that literally had “dive” in the name. The instructions said not to dive with it - it was only meant to LOOK like a dive watch. It was also fast by more that a minute per day. Garbage. Never again. - IWG buyer on Reddit
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » January 3rd 2019, 11:21am

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby koimaster » June 20th 2019, 9:27am

So what happened to Larry?

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Falstaff » June 20th 2019, 9:47am

Died of erotic asphyxiation while wearing ruby slippers and clutching nude photo of Judy Garland.
"See the Winter Boys drinking heavy water from a stone - Bye bye Empire, empire bye bye...."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » June 20th 2019, 9:50am

Falstaff wrote:Died of erotic asphyxiation while wearing ruby slippers and clutching nude photo of Judy Garland.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Previous

Return to The Frugal Connoisseur's Corner