Remembering Casio Co-Founder, Kazuo Kashio

Remembering Casio Co-Founder, Kazuo Kashio

Postby koimaster » June 27th 2018, 9:03am

Remembering Casio Co-Founder, Kazuo Kashio and the Time We Tried to Destroy a G-Shock

There is no denying that the G-Shock watch from Casio is an icon in the watch world. Known and celebrated for its toughness and rugged good looks, G-Shock is still a best seller for Casio, even in the face of competition from Apple watches, other smart watches and more.

One of four brothers who founded Casio, Kazuo Kashio died June 18 in a Tokyo Hospital at the age of 89. He was instrumental in the development of the G-Shock and he did a wonderful job.

Several years ago, I tested a Casio G-Shock watch to destruction, and it took quite some doing. Honestly, just about every one of the tests we put the G-Shock through would have decimated a Swiss mechanical watch. I was impressed by one test in particular: I put the G-Shock in the freezer overnight, then directly into boiling water. When I pulled it out of the freezer, it was completely dead, no display, no ticking, nothing. I thought to myself, “We did it, it’s gone.” Then I put it into the boiling water for a minute, took it out and it was back to performing perfectly.

https://www.revolution.watch/breaking-n ... sses-away/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Remembering Casio Co-Founder, Kazuo Kashio

Postby foghorn » June 27th 2018, 9:30am

His passing was a gshock to his friends.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to G-Shock