Original G-Shock in Metal including Gold

Original G-Shock in Metal including Gold

Postby koimaster » April 18th 2018, 9:33am

By far the best selling watch in history, having crossed the 100 million unit mark in 2017, the Casio G-Shock made its debut in 1983 as the DW-5000, characterised by its oblong bezel and brick-pattern dial.

The 5000-series has become a mainstay of the collection, and for its 35th anniversary Casio has rolled out the first all-metal 5000-series G-Shock. It comes in two variants, starting with the GMW-B5000 in stainless steel, which is part of the regular collection.

And the bling version: the GMW- B5000TFG-9, a limited anniversary edition in gold-plated steel to mark 35 years. (And at the same time Casio exhibited an entirely 18k gold G-Shock as well as a pair in coloured sapphire crystal cases at Baselworld, though none of these concept watches are for sale.)

http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/04/casio-f ... -gold.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Original G-Shock in Metal including Gold

Postby conjurer » April 18th 2018, 9:36am

That's going to hold up well.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » April 18th 2018, 9:52am

Durable bling.
Lumberjack chic.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Mark1 » April 18th 2018, 10:01am

I wear G-shocks for work but now that I'm experimenting with retirement I have no use for it. It would match my gold plated Craftsmen 75th (I think) anniversary socket set I once purchased just to piss off a colleague at work.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby conjurer » April 18th 2018, 10:04am

Mark1 wrote:I wear G-shocks for work but now that I'm experimenting with retirement I have no use for it. It would match my gold plated Craftsmen 75th (I think) anniversary socket set I once purchased just to piss off a colleague at work.

This is possibly the best reason to buy something.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » April 18th 2018, 10:09am

conjurer wrote:
Mark1 wrote:I wear G-shocks for work but now that I'm experimenting with retirement I have no use for it. It would match my gold plated Craftsmen 75th (I think) anniversary socket set I once purchased just to piss off a colleague at work.

This is possibly the best reason to buy something.

Well I bought it with some of my annual tool allowance money from a company I worked for. A millwright who generally resented us electricians used to ask me how many fucking screwdrivers we needed to buy a year. It was a beautiful thing when I got to show him my gold-plated set.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Return to G-Shock