Postby tiktok » September 14th 2016, 7:29pm

smellody wrote:GSWL

Houw ist tha lewmmm?

tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Comments in Sales threads

Postby artman » September 14th 2016, 7:29pm

Hawk wrote:I don't sell watches.

Seriously. I have never once sold a watch or traded a watch. Ever.

I'll sometimes donate the overflow. And I won't do it outside this forum where it is either for bandwidth or goulash or whatthefuckever.

But please don't fuck with people I like only to suggest I shouldn't do likewise. Steve and Holly were routinely fucked with.

Not that I've ever fucked with a "for sale" thread but this goddam double standard has me wondering if I shouldn't start. This is the uncensored watch forum. Suck it up.

Well said.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby smellody » September 14th 2016, 7:34pm

tiktok wrote:
smellody wrote:GSWL

Houw ist tha lewmmm?

Thaytts nyce. $42.76 eve. N. Phynal. Awfer
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby foghorn » September 14th 2016, 7:40pm

biglove wrote:No issues with the chatter in FS posts. Keeps it bumped and draws attention.

Sellers are perfectly capable of bumping and drawing attention in a way they want to in their sales threads without the "help" of non buyers.

But at least now I can be comfortable interrupting yours :mrgreen:

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby biglove » September 14th 2016, 7:46pm

foghorn wrote:
biglove wrote:No issues with the chatter in FS posts. Keeps it bumped and draws attention.

Sellers are perfectly capable of bumping and drawing attention in a way they want to in their sales threads without the "help" of non buyers.

But at least now I can be comfortable interrupting yours :mrgreen:

If I post here it is only FS to WL members. Isn't interrupting, it's just what we do.

Has anyone listing here ever sold to someone outside of our small group?

Has anyone felt they lost a sale here to another WL d/t a Cecil'd FS thread?
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » September 14th 2016, 7:51pm

About Time started off on the wrong foot here. Look at their first few threads. This is a close knit forum and they never seemed interested in participating as anything other than a dealer. This is their right since they quickly posted in the correct forum but they never seemed to get a feel for this place. I didn't dig far enough to see if they ever responded to my query about WL member discounts.

Anyhoo----I take this thread to be more concerned with private ,rather than dealer, sales.

foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby foghorn » September 14th 2016, 7:58pm

biglove wrote:
If I post here it is only FS to WL members. Isn't interrupting, it's just what we do.

I , and I'm sure others, also post elsewhere. It's just what we do as motivated sellers

Has anyone listing here ever sold to someone outside of our small group?

Yeppers. Often

Has anyone felt they lost a sale here to another WL d/t a Cecil'd FS thread?
Not "lost here to another WL" but certainly relocated to another venue..

foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Mark1 » September 14th 2016, 9:17pm

foghorn wrote:
A sales sub-forum differs from the "discussion fora" in that it is a (in most cases) a free area of the forum for members to conduct what amounts to a small business. Many forums have stringent requirements even to post in their sales areas.
Common courtesy should be enough to prompt members to not distract from the sellers effort to make a buck. Since some sales posts have been totally deviated from the original intent and require a redirect to get back on topic it's best to keep the thread the property of the seller exclusively.
Only the seller should be allowed to post in his/her sales thread. An edit or Ideally a "SOLD"

I agree with this reasoning in for sale threads. Obviously, auction threads encourage open bidding, for the benefit of the seller and prospective bidders. Most seem to oblige in general with just a few serial offenders.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby jason_recliner » September 14th 2016, 11:25pm

Is this watch still for sale?
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby bedlam » September 15th 2016, 2:50am

foghorn wrote:
bedlam wrote:
koimaster wrote:Please avoid commenting in sales threads. Use the PM system or email. It is beginning to look like watchgeek/WIT sales threads at times.

I don't see the problem personally. I'm not looking for a conflict, but it says uncensored on the front door. I'll keep my comments relevant, as usual.

A sales sub-forum differs from the "discussion fora" in that it is a (in most cases) a free area of the forum for members to conduct what amounts to a small business. Many forums have stringent requirements even to post in their sales areas.
Common courtesy should be enough to prompt members to not distract from the sellers effort to make a buck. Since some sales posts have been totally deviated from the original intent and require a redirect to get back on topic it's best to keep the thread the property of the seller exclusively.
Only the seller should be allowed to post in his/her sales thread. An edit or Ideally a "SOLD"

I am absolutely sure I have never detracted from a seller's effort to make a buck. Quite the opposite, I give support or shut the fuck up. The way to deal with those who have deviated sales threads from the original intent is to chip them at the time, not to censor everyone else after the fact.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » September 15th 2016, 7:50pm

foghorn wrote:Since some sales posts have been totally deviated from the original intent and require a redirect to get back on topic it's best to keep the thread the property of the seller exclusively.Only the seller should be allowed to post in his/her sales thread. An edit or Ideally a "SOLD"

Agree with Jeff, I think that's the way to go....maybe Alain can look into this and make this happen with Dion's help....??
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » September 15th 2016, 9:15pm

eddiea wrote:
foghorn wrote:Since some sales posts have been totally deviated from the original intent and require a redirect to get back on topic it's best to keep the thread the property of the seller exclusively.Only the seller should be allowed to post in his/her sales thread. An edit or Ideally a "SOLD"

Agree with Jeff, I think that's the way to go....maybe Alain can look into this and make this happen with Dion's help....??

I agree. Now that everyone has chimed in

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Previous

Return to Watches for Sale