Citizen’s Vintage Mechanical Divers, 1962 to 1980

Citizen’s Vintage Mechanical Divers, 1962 to 1980

Postby koimaster » January 10th 2015, 1:11am

Citizen produced a range of divers in their 1960s and 1970s line-up. A few are relatively well known, but others are not and are rarely seen. This page brings them all together in one place as a reference point. Although I’ve tried to make it as comprehensive as possible, there is little information available elsewhere so I regard it as ‘work in progress’. I hope information can be added later, or errors corrected, with the help of fellow collectors so it as complete as possible. I indicate in the article with a ‘?’ (sometimes with notes as well) where I am not entirely sure about the data I’ve gathered, and I welcome any comments about the information so it can be developed and firmed up over time.

Although this page covers Citizen’s mechanical divers, I appreciate that they also produced some excellent quartz models in the late 1970s, most notably the 600m rated Crystron. They are not included here, at least for the time being, since I have not got the necessary reference material.

I have included dates against each movement number, which is the date I understand the movement was first produced, but this may not be the year when the diver model using that movement was introduced. I believe it’s likely that some divers would not have been brought to the market in the same year the movement was first produced. This is an area of information that I hope can be clarified in the future.

http://sweep-hand.org/citizens-vintage- ... 2-to-1980/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Citizen’s Vintage Mechanical Divers, 1962 to 1980

Postby koimaster » July 3rd 2017, 8:14am

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 8:32am

That's got to be the funniest fucking .gif I've ever seen, Alain...I spit Coca-Cola all over the desk and almost yarked all over the office... :lol:
"In the End, we will be remembered not for the words of our enemies, but for the silence of our friends." - Dr. Martin Luther King
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » July 3rd 2017, 8:34am

Mortuus wrote:That's got to be the funniest fucking .gif I've ever seen, Alain...I spit Coca-Cola all over the desk and almost yarked all over the office... :lol:

feel free to copy it Mort.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Seiko and Citizen