And the Winner is RipitRon

Re: And the Winner is RipitRon

Postby Bourbon City » April 6th 2011, 6:11pm

OTMF wrote:just found in my in-box
WG Grand Prize Winner is Ripitron.
Invicta Sea Hunter with the Valgranges movement.

What are the odds with so many members?

Rip it Ron (is he called that because he farts alot?) will likely never see his Winnings. Mongo will offer him something less; like one of his personal watches in lieu of the Sea Hunter with the Valgrange movement. Mongo will say it's LNIB and all the other BS. I think WG has a history of doing this kind of BS.

bc
Bourbon City
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » April 6th 2011, 7:27pm

Pepper at WG won a new watch and never received it from Invicta.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Guest » April 13th 2011, 12:24pm

I BATTLED WITH RIR (pronounced rear) for years......the consumate dickwad....even gave him my address after he threatened my life......COME ON OVER AND MEET OOBUCK! hate that fucker.......doesnt matter how big ya are, just matters how far ya fall.......

Postby eddiea » April 16th 2011, 2:11pm

TTall4myowngood wrote:I guess some people, some where in the world think ya'll are pretty nice guys also.....

I guess so too.... but aside from that, I think you are either a fucking moron or a troll, one of the two.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby nous defions » April 21st 2011, 4:00pm

I do believe that someone asked RIR if he received the watch and to post some pics of it and there was no response. I guess you were right, he won't get it and will not complain either.
nous defions
Senior Member & WIS

Postby OTMF » May 9th 2011, 11:58am

meijin- (posted 03-13-2011, 07:34 AM)
Please join me in offering a hearty congratulations to the winner of the Day #7 Grand Prize, the Invicta Sea Hunter with the Valgranges movement:

RipItRon
(aka Ron)
NCEngineer- (posted 04-07-2011, 05:02 PM)
Ron,

Did you get your watch yet? How is it? Any first impressions?
RipitRon- (posted 05-02-2011, 12:19 AM)
Nope not yet!

OTMF
Senior Member & WIS

Postby boscoe » May 9th 2011, 12:58pm

LMAO!
And don't bitch about not getting it either.
It's coming from Mongolia to Swisherland to America
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Mark1 » May 9th 2011, 1:40pm

I learned the Valgranges Sea Hunter is going to be the TTV on 5/15, (I'm sure they've got the purtiest one set aside for RIR). There is a thread at WG where MD has produced a copy of "the invoice" from ETA for the Valgranges movements. Why do you suppose he wants to prove they bought them from ETA directly?
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1

Postby nous defions » May 9th 2011, 5:15pm

OTMF wrote:
meijin- (posted 03-13-2011, 07:34 AM)
Please join me in offering a hearty congratulations to the winner of the Day #7 Grand Prize, the Invicta Sea Hunter with the Valgranges movement:

RipItRon
(aka Ron)
NCEngineer- (posted 04-07-2011, 05:02 PM)
Ron,

Did you get your watch yet? How is it? Any first impressions?
RipitRon- (posted 05-02-2011, 12:19 AM)
Nope not yet!

That's pretty funny. He is one of the first folks over there that blabs and blabs about not complaining about anything with Invicta, so, he is the perfect person to give a "gift" to. Invicta has no reason to give him anything since he'll just STFU about it. They don't lose any money and he'll never call them on it. As much as he is a "tough guy", he goes to his knees for Invicta every time.
nous defions
Senior Member & WIS

Postby ericf4 » May 9th 2011, 5:55pm

ron is an anal fissure on the ass of the geek nation
ericf4

Postby Laid_Back_Dude » May 10th 2011, 1:49am

Ripitron has showed us all how nice he is. Fuck him & his bikes.
Laid_Back_Dude

Postby abduksion » May 21st 2011, 7:28pm

I bet they had, 50,000+ Ripitron names in their database.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby Tzimisces » May 21st 2011, 7:55pm

My wife won an Orient on some blog last year. After a couple of weeks she contacted them to find out where the watch was. They said she would have to contact Orient USA. I shot an email to Joey, and the watch was on my doorstep four days later.
OWUSA's customer service reputation isn't exactly stellar, yet they managed to get it right.
It amazes me how these sheeple can remain loyal to a brand and forum that screws them, over and over, every chance they get.
It just doesn't make sense. If you must hold a BS contest, why not give a watch to some poor newbie who still has credit available? A $30 watch will turn into thousands of dollars in sales.
The con going on is so amateurish, yet it works. IWG gets caught repeatedly, and the marks line up for more.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby abduksion » May 21st 2011, 8:22pm

Tzimisces wrote:My wife won an Orient on some blog last year. After a couple of weeks she contacted them to find out where the watch was. They said she would have to contact Orient USA. I shot an email to Joey, and the watch was on my doorstep four days later.
OWUSA's customer service reputation isn't exactly stellar, yet they managed to get it right.
It amazes me how these sheeple can remain loyal to a brand and forum that screws them, over and over, every chance they get.
It just doesn't make sense. If you must hold a BS contest, why not give a watch to some poor newbie who still has credit available? A $30 watch will turn into thousands of dollars in sales.
The con going on is so amateurish, yet it works. IWG gets caught repeatedly, and the marks line up for more.

The reason why, IWG and Shop even stay in business, is because of all the idiots who keep buying from them. Even, if they go to JCP, TJ Max, Cosco or where ever Invicta sells. There's still money being made. I don't feel sorry for them at all. I moved on from IWG a long time ago.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby Guest » June 17th 2011, 5:25am

A newbie here, but when RipItRon won that "drawing" for the Sea Hunter, said to myself "are you kidding me?" Then when Renato was removed with no real warning just felt now WG's is truely just shill for Invicta.
Have been reading through several threads here to get feel what it is like and really like the openess in which things are discussed, more like a bunch of friends shooting the shit vs. god forbid you say something wrong on WG's.

Postby Watch Noob » June 17th 2011, 5:36am

Pete53 wrote:A newbie here, but when RipItRon won that "drawing" for the Sea Hunter, said to myself "are you kidding me?" Then when Renato was removed with no real warning just felt now WG's is truely just shill for Invicta.
Have been reading through several threads here to get feel what it is like and really like the openess in which things are discussed, more like a bunch of friends shooting the shit vs. god forbid you say something wrong on WG's.

You must have taken the Red pill, welcome to the real world, we shall now show you how deep the rabbit hole really runs.
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Darksider » November 15th 2016, 10:23am

:slowpo11:
Darksider
Founder

Previous

Return to The Watchlord Archives - The early years