Sub $500 boutique watch Brands?

Re: Sub $500 boutique watch Brands?

Postby AlbertaTime » November 5th 2011, 11:55am

[quote="conjurer"]
crazyfingers wrote:As a sidenote; there are relatively few watchmakers I have dealt with out there who are genuine gentlemen, and James Elsener, the owner of EL, is one of them.

Totally agreed. I have had some small exchanges with him and "genuine gentleman" is exactly the term.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby jason_recliner » November 5th 2011, 3:25pm

Red Sea(men)

Sea Gods

Tempest ($1000-1500)
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby sweetb » November 6th 2011, 6:21pm

Android has been around about 20 years and owned by one person (not a TV Brand or a marketing brand). A lot of serious watch guys know the brand and it's history . . .
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Guest » November 6th 2011, 9:43pm

sweetb wrote:Android has been around about 20 years and owned by one person (not a TV Brand or a marketing brand). A lot of serious watch guys know the brand and it's history . . .

WTF! I bet you were laughing while typing that nonsense Hehehe Image

Fucking shitbird

Postby Valkie2 » November 6th 2011, 10:00pm

Love NFW.

Solid timepieces for the money.

No lies about origin.

George Fox is the anti-Lalo
Valkie2
Senior Member & WIS

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 9:31am

Slowpo,
You are so fucking stupid . . .you got beat by Mike Tyson in your grade school spelling bee . . .
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 9:33am

About Android from the the Long Island Watch site:

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Android/About_Android.htm
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 9:36am

sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby mrneddles » November 7th 2011, 9:42am

sweetb wrote:Android has been around about 20 years and owned by one person (not a TV Brand or a marketing brand). A lot of serious watch guys know the brand and it's history . . .

OK, WTF is a "serious watch guy"? Sure, Android has been around for awhile (and I have a few myself, as does my wife), but I would never argue that Android has any "serious" signficance. Nor would I classify it as a boutique brand.
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Postby hawkeye » November 7th 2011, 9:46am

chase durer
http://www.chase-durer.com/
I have 2 of them and like both of them....Havent been a tv brand for ages and even when they were on slopnbc they never had great amount of them to sell...
Dave
hawkeye

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 10:48am

mrneddles wrote:

OK, WTF is a "serious watch guy"? Sure, Android has been around for awhile (and I have a few myself, as does my wife), but I would never argue that Android has any "serious" signficance. Nor would I classify it as a boutique brand.

"Serious Watch Guys" are people who actually work in the industry professionally . . . selling, servicing, designing watches . . . not butthead keyboard enthusiast on watch forums!
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby mrneddles » November 7th 2011, 11:04am

Seriously? The answer bag link you provided uses Amazon and ShopNBC as sources. Then you link LIW, which is a good outfit, but also sells Android. So you back up your claim, I guess, by listing 3 vendors of Android?

SweetB, if you can muster the strength, reach over and pull that IV catheter running TV brand/geekdom inducing kool-aid out of your arm and snap out of the coma. Or don't.

If you didn't list New Orleans as your location I would seriously suspect you are the ShopNBC personality rumored to have a membership here.
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 11:17am

mrneddles wrote:Seriously? The answer bag link you provided uses Amazon and ShopNBC as sources. Then you link LIW, which is a good outfit, but also sells Android. So you back up your claim, I guess, by listing 3 vendors of Android?

SweetB, if you can muster the strength, reach over and pull that IV catheter running TV brand/geekdom inducing kool-aid out of your arm and snap out of the coma. Or don't.

If you didn't list New Orleans as your location I would seriously suspect you are the ShopNBC personality rumored to have a membership here.

You are so full of shit if someone squeezed your head it would come out of your ears . . . Shopnbc is a marketing vehicle- period. An alternative to the Jeweler, Local Watch Vendor, or internet. Over the years Shopnbc has carried Orient, Seiko, Tissot, Casio just to name a few. Their job is to sell product . . . if you don't want top buy from them- go elsewhere! Android probably sells more watches over the Shop than they have in the retail sector where they have traditionally been. I remember seeing the brand years ago in Miami boutiques years before anyone heard of shopnbc!

Most of you fuckheads first experience with watches came sitting in front of your T.V.'s watching late night shopping channels. I have been collecting since the 1970's (when I purchased my first Seiko)
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby mrneddles » November 7th 2011, 11:34am

Well, I guess I have been put in my place! Although I was never arguing Android's age as a company or its past retail presence.

I look forward to more insightful posts coming from your vast years of collecting and insider secrets.
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 11:47am

According to a friend, who published an watch industry magazine for years, Android starting off as a boutique producer of mens fashion watches. Android has been known for off-beat industrial and futuristic design concepts. Until recently Android only produced quartz watches . . . they now offer eta-based products as well as miyota and Sea-gull movements.

My personal opinion is that they offer one of the best chinese-made tourbillions on the market (for the price).

http://youtu.be/b2kVy125mAE
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby mrneddles » November 7th 2011, 11:52am

sweetb wrote:According to a friend, who published an watch industry magazine for years, Android starting off as a boutique producer of mens fashion watches. Android has been known for off-beat industrial and futuristic design concepts. Until recently Android only produced quartz watches . . . they now offer eta-based products as well as miyota and Sea-gull movements.

My personal opinion is that they offer one of the best chinese-made tourbillions on the market (for the price).

I agree with this, however, I would object to labeling Android as boutique brand (even if that is how they started) or labeling Android as a brand of any serious significance in the current watch world.
Last edited by Anonymous on November 7th 2011, 11:55am, edited 1 time in total.
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Postby hawkeye » November 7th 2011, 11:53am

mrneddles wrote:Seriously? The answer bag link you provided uses Amazon and ShopNBC as sources. Then you link LIW, which is a good outfit, but also sells Android. So you back up your claim, I guess, by listing 3 vendors of Android?

I agree with you mrneddles..can't wait until slowpo sees this thread...it will be fun read for sure...as far as Android goes.I own 1 and do not care for it..can not even sell it...had it on craigslist for 3 weeks now and not even one bite on it...shows how great they are.Almost,No one other then WG's would even buy them..If your stupid enough to buy a chinese tourby..then you get what you deserve...

pretending to be worth something...

dave
hawkeye

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 12:00pm

hawkeye wrote:

I agree with you mrneddles..can't wait until slowpo sees this thread...it will be fun read for sure...as far as Android goes.I own 1 and do not care for it..can not even sell it...had it on craigslist for 3 weeks now and not even one bite on it...shows how great they are.Almost,No one other then WG's would even buy them..If your stupid enough to buy a chinese tourby..then you get what you deserve...

pretending to be worth something...

dave

I actually purchase watches for daily wear. If I don't want one anymore . . . I give it away. Watches are not investments.
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby hawkeye » November 7th 2011, 12:02pm

sorry i am not rich,i must get something back for what I paid for it.I have it on craigslist for 50 bucks...I paid 275 for it..Its not like I am making money off something.
hawkeye

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 12:21pm

hawkeye wrote:sorry i am not rich,i must get something back for what I paid for it.I have it on craigslist for 50 bucks...I paid 275 for it..Its not like I am making money off something.

Don't put it on Craig's List. Sell privately through a watch forum where enthusiast are always searching for a deal. If it was a Rolex, you would find buyers, but still lose money on the resell.
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Guest » November 7th 2011, 3:24pm

This was a good thread until this shitbird Sweetb
Came here with his faggotry.

Android!!!! Really what's next, stuhrling,adde Kaye, stauer.

Sweetb why don't you just shit the fuck up. I can't believe this cunt have been collecting watches since the 70's

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 5:34pm

Slowpo wrote:This was a good thread until this shitbird Sweetb
Came here with his faggotry.

Android!!!! Really what's next, stuhrling,adde Kaye, stauer.

Sweetb why don't you just shit the fuck up. I can't believe this cunt have been collecting watches since the 70's

Slowpo,

I see you took your lips off of some cock long enough to chime in on this thread . . .
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby sweetb » November 7th 2011, 5:39pm

BTW,

Chase-Durer started out as a company that damn near gave away it's watches in free Commercial Flight Magazines such as the Delta Traveler. Sturhling started out the same way.

Android actually started as a retail brand.
sweetb
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Guest » November 7th 2011, 6:21pm

sweetb you are a dirty whore I would love to pull my dick out and slap you in the face with it. You Shitbird.

Postby Mark1 » November 7th 2011, 8:26pm

Alain already mentioned them but I would heartily endorse Christopher Ward in this category.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

PreviousNext

Return to The Watchlord Archives - The early years