i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Tzimisces » May 3rd 2016, 5:36pm

tomsimac wrote:I
Come to think of it, wall builders societies generally collapsed anyway

Everyone's society collapses anyway, in the fullness of time.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
User avatar
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: August 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Amelia, VA

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Tzimisces » May 3rd 2016, 5:48pm

Image
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
User avatar
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: August 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Amelia, VA

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Tzimisces » May 3rd 2016, 6:58pm

Image
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
User avatar
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: August 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Amelia, VA

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby svaglic » May 3rd 2016, 9:57pm

Does this exist? Or is it propaganda?
Image

I'm not trying to be a racist, this is the border fence on a map I could get. The caption is not mine, it is the map. Guess who built it?
Image

I'm not opposed to people coming in to the U.S. I am opposed to it being done illegally. None of my great grandparents (on my mother's side) spoke English as a first language, they were Croatian. They were so proud to be a Citizen though, I mean, they beamed and threw parties when someone made it and was sworn in as a Citizen of the U.S. They spoke only English around their kids, with a heavy accent, so my grand parents spoke English with an accent. Actually, my grandfather was too old during this and carried an English Croatian dictionary with him where ever he went. He was able to drop it in high school and join the Air Force and have a successful 4 years. I'm all for Imigration, if done legally.
Does this make me an ass? Probably not, I was an ass before. Does this make me a racist or bigot? I don't think so, but am open to opinions..... as long as your opinions are open to mine.
Image
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 4269
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby conjurer » May 3rd 2016, 10:14pm

svaglic wrote:Does this exist? Or is it propaganda?
Image

I'm not trying to be a racist, this is the border fence on a map I could get. The caption is not mine, it is the map. Guess who built it?
Image

I'm not opposed to people coming in to the U.S. I am opposed to it being done illegally. None of my great grandparents (on my mother's side) spoke English as a first language, they were Croatian. They were so proud to be a Citizen though, I mean, they beamed and threw parties when someone made it and was sworn in as a Citizen of the U.S. They spoke only English around their kids, with a heavy accent, so my grand parents spoke English with an accent. Actually, my grandfather was too old during this and carried an English Croatian dictionary with him where ever he went. He was able to drop it in high school and join the Air Force and have a successful 4 years. I'm all for Imigration, if done legally.
Does this make me an ass? Probably not, I was an ass before. Does this make me a racist or bigot? I don't think so, but am open to opinions..... as long as your opinions are open to mine.


Stepping out of my Geekish persona for a moment (and I would remind fellow Lords and Ladies that this is a Geekish thread, and so satrical) I would like to point out that my ancestors came over in two waves--first, on my mother's side, very early indeed, around 1640 or something. Because of this, I could join the Sons of the American Revolution, if I was so inclined. I also had a couple of ancestors who fought in the Civil War in one of the Illinois regiments, got captured by Johnny Reb, and died in revolting circumstances at Andersonville prison. On my father's side, we were all a bunch of dumb, ox-like Swedes, who came over at probably the turn of the 20th Century or thereabouts--having less pedigree, not too many people on my dad's side of the family were bragging.

And that's what makes America great, and something special. Old world English and penny-pinching Scots and Micks came over, and married with a bunch of dumb, ox-like Swedes, or Krauts, or Bohunks, or whatever, and they got supercharged. And their kids got supercharged, and they went on to beat the fucking Krauts in two world wars, and the Japs, and the North Koreans, up until Vietnam, but we won't bother about that.

So now Mexicans want to come in, and they're willing to risk their fucking lives with coyotes, and walls, and bandits and shit--well, maybe this wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe we need a few more supercharged kids. Anybody that willing to risk death might not be bad for the good old American DNA.

now Bak two the Gekkish speek GODAM it.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.


--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 27716
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby svaglic » May 3rd 2016, 10:32pm

I get it, I just don't want people risking their lives to get here. Human life is worth something and there is a way to do it legally and without the threat of death. My great parents spoke English poorly, they couldn't pronounce my name, I was Anderson. If they could do it, anyone can. So many visas are available, you just have to fill out paperwork. Why is braving elements, animals and border patrol and risking a family with children better than paperwork for a visa? No body deserves to die or risk a family's life for wanting to come here, but predators will rob them blind and leave them for dead. Visas are much safer.
Image
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 4269
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Wasp » May 4th 2016, 4:52am

I'd venture that most Europeans and Asians came here and worked thier ass off. Not the case with the shitload coming from the south. Let's give the national treasure away then they will vote for us.
Old but worth repeating.

In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the
University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the
Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always
Temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent
Form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
The time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous
Gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority
Always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from
The public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally
Collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a
Dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the
Beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200
Years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."
The Obituary follows:


Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in
St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning
The last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory
Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.
Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low
Income tenements and living off various forms of government
Welfare..."
Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the
"complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of
Democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population
Already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase..
end.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million
Criminal invaders called illegal’s - and they vote - then we can say
Goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.
Image
User avatar
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3300
Joined: December 31st 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Zip Code: e-i-e-i-o

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Hawk » May 4th 2016, 5:02am

one of my favouriter commies (domestic commie as opposed to bogan commie, that is) sez we knead immigrunts to make social security work gud. every peckerwood in the country is getting olde like me. We used two have 5 people paying in for every one taking out - soon enuf we will only have 2 people paying in and thats not enuf for my lifestyle dammit.

Sew we should let em all in provided we get them paying taxes toot sweet and damn fast too. Non-tax paying immigrunts not gonna dew us old farts a dam bit of gud.

It makes purrty gud sesne. at least i can't not find too many holes in it.





[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR3JyVg7VzU[/youtube]




If the commie is hitting me in my social security dole payments it calls for a reappraisal.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Tzimisces » May 4th 2016, 5:27am

Immigrants do take construction jobs, at least around here. There's no doubt or nuance. From my perspective, those who claim illegals aren't taking jobs really mean that "they're not taking my job". A wall is stupid, but Congress has punted year after year on this issue.
I understand and sympathize with those who vote for Trump because he freaks out the establishment. Hillary is just more of the same, bought and paid for, a tool of the 1%.
300 million people, and we get Hillary and Trump. For fucks sake, America, if that doesn't indicate a serious problem, nothing does.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
User avatar
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: August 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Amelia, VA

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Wasp » May 4th 2016, 5:46am

moore legal imegrunts that cum hear an werk the better, long as it aint for the govment.
Image
User avatar
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3300
Joined: December 31st 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Zip Code: e-i-e-i-o

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Hawk » May 4th 2016, 6:06am

Tzimisces wrote:Immigrants do take construction jobs, at least around here. There's no doubt or nuance. From my perspective, those who claim illegals aren't taking jobs really mean that "they're not taking my job". A wall is stupid, but Congress has punted year after year on this issue.
I understand and sympathize with those who vote for Trump because he freaks out the establishment. Hillary is just more of the same, bought and paid for, a tool of the 1%.
300 million people, and we get Hillary and Trump. For fucks sake, America, if that doesn't indicate a serious problem, nothing does.


It probably varies by type of construction and location. The work that my employer does requires that the field personnel get "badged up" and there's not much chance of an illegal slipping through the process. Where tax money is involved it adds another level of scrutiny. There's a fair number of immigrants but they're squeaky-clean legal. Not that some subs don't take a stab at it.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cf ... _site.html

Though I don't recall if they were able to prove they were employed or just hiding there. I would assume the home builders are more accepting of "day labor" but this is admittedly conjecture.

Perhaps the commie's best point is the social security trust fund - if we don't keep dragging newcomers into that fucked up Ponzi scheme it'll collapse with a bigger thud than Madoff.


Insofar as Hillary and Trump comprise the two most negatively viewed candidates since such polls were first deployed I'm finding the libertarians in general and the Gary Johnson contingent in particular to be unusually animated this time through.

If the country ever needed a viable third party it's 2016.





Image
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Tzimisces » May 4th 2016, 6:17am

Tax money is no guarantee of legality, especially for local government projects, like cities or counties. DoD enhanced checks recently, and that caused us some problems doing work at Ft Lee and Ft Eustis. Some guys couldn't work on those jobs. But most of our work is commercial and institutional, so no problems there. As you note, small residential contactors are not affected. As for taxes, illegals claim the maximum dependents, If Uncle ever gets around to checking, they simply get new IDs and move on.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
User avatar
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: August 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Amelia, VA

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby tomsimac » May 4th 2016, 7:17am

Well, they ar screwed as SS and Medicare taxes with held are not recoverable YET

I do notice an effort to credit illegals who used dead/alive others numbers to apply for credit however.

Then there are the ass holes legally here, who keep dead people on the rolls to claim $$

The weirdest was the brothers who killed their parents, while in jail were collecting SS benefits for being orphans. Mendendaz was the name, same year OJ was arrested on trumped up charges he killed a few whites.
User avatar
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 799
Joined: October 16th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: So. California

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Tzimisces » May 4th 2016, 6:39pm

You know? I think I might actually enjoy this election. Donald freakin' Trump is the anti-establishment candidate, while Hillary is the bought-and-paid-for tool of Wall Street. Holy fuck, only in America.
Ahahahahaha :D

Image
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
User avatar
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: August 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Amelia, VA

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Mark1 » May 4th 2016, 6:55pm

If immigrants don't take American jobs what are they doing here? That's progressive logic right there.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 7745
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Mark1 » May 4th 2016, 7:16pm

conjurer wrote:Stepping out of my Geekish persona for a moment (and I would remind fellow Lords and Ladies that this is a Geekish thread, and so satrical) I would like to point out that my ancestors came over in two waves--first, on my mother's side, very early indeed, around 1640 or something. Because of this, I could join the Sons of the American Revolution, if I was so inclined. I also had a couple of ancestors who fought in the Civil War in one of the Illinois regiments, got captured by Johnny Reb, and died in revolting circumstances at Andersonville prison. On my father's side, we were all a bunch of dumb, ox-like Swedes, who came over at probably the turn of the 20th Century or thereabouts--having less pedigree, not too many people on my dad's side of the family were bragging.

And that's what makes America great, and something special. Old world English and penny-pinching Scots and Micks came over, and married with a bunch of dumb, ox-like Swedes, or Krauts, or Bohunks, or whatever, and they got supercharged. And their kids got supercharged, and they went on to beat the fucking Krauts in two world wars, and the Japs, and the North Koreans, up until Vietnam, but we won't bother about that.

So now Mexicans want to come in, and they're willing to risk their fucking lives with coyotes, and walls, and bandits and shit--well, maybe this wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe we need a few more supercharged kids. Anybody that willing to risk death might not be bad for the good old American DNA.

now Bak two the Gekkish speek GODAM it.

That's the rub, the geekish persona making fun of people buying shit watches on TV is one thing. Ridiculing people for (among other things)being backward enough to think a sovereign country ought to have some control over it's own borders is another.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 7745
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Hawk » May 5th 2016, 9:12am

Mark1 wrote:If immigrants don't take American jobs what are they doing here? That's progressive logic right there.


The number of jobs is generally not believed to be a zero sum game. Which it would have to be to draw a straight line between immigrants and their taking American jobs.

However the base assumption that it is zero sum is no more "conservative logic" than believing otherwise is "progressive logic". People disagree on the matter but progressives don't hold an exclusive on the notion that jobs are also created. Non-political economists squabble about it routinely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lump_of_labour_fallacy
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... game/?_r=0
http://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-claim- ... o-sum-game

It's too complicated to fit into a political stump speech but it can be moderately interesting on a slow day.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... bs/391997/
It’s true that an inflow of new, able-bodied workers generally means an increase in the labor supply, though immigration patterns affect industries differently. And that can certainly have an impact on the wages of some workers. But there’s another piece to this puzzle that is often overlooked—and that’s the increased demand for services that comes along with a burgeoning population.
...
John McLaren of UVA and Gihoon Hong of Indiana, coauthors of the study, found that when looking specifically at non-tradable sectors, each new immigrant produced about 1.2 new jobs, most of which went to native-born employees. Put more simply—if 1,000 new immigrants were to move in, the local economy would end up gaining about 1,200 new jobs.
...
Of course there are some limitations to these findings when it comes to highlighting the positives that a new population of immigrants can bring to a local economy. The study does not wholly refute the idea that immigration can introduce additional competition into the job market and create changes, sometimes negative ones, to wages within local economies. The research also doesn't necessarily give a full picture of what happens to jobs in the tradable sector. It does however bring up a compelling point about the need for a thorough and holistic approach to answering the question of how immigrants can impact the workforce and in what ways the positive outcomes may mitigate, or even trump, existing negative narratives.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Tzimisces » May 5th 2016, 9:51am

I was specifically talking about illegal immigrants taking construction jobs.
I have zero problem with the legal variety.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
User avatar
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: August 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Amelia, VA

Re: i've Have decyded Two become an Republikan!

Postby Hawk » May 5th 2016, 1:42pm

Tzimisces wrote:I was specifically talking about illegal immigrants taking construction jobs.
I have zero problem with the legal variety.


Yup I thought you were pretty clear on that.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Previous

Return to The Watchlord Archives - The early years

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ocean and 3 guests