The Tale of an Authorized Invicta Dealer

Postby koimaster » March 26th 2010, 4:50pm

Professorb
Senior Geek Join Date: Mar 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is my tale and true by the way!
I went to the local mall (Carlsbad, Ca.by the way) and they had a new store totally devoted to watches. Of course I stopped in with one of my SAN IIIs on my wrist. The green carbon fiber dial with the marine aluminum insert bracelet caught his eye and he asked about it. It turns out he is an Invicta authorized retail dealer and he had not gotten the new models yet. So we struck up a conversation and hit it off. I turned him on to the Geeks and told him I got the watches at Shop NBC, WOW, and Ashford to name a few. Long story short, I now have bought 6 or 7 watches from him. He meets prices where he can and if he is even in the ball park I try to support my local dealer. I recently got a Hamilton X Wind for under $800! Just goes to show that some tales have a happy ending!
Professor B

#2 Today, 08:17 AM
Nickvegas
Super Geek Join Date: Aug 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great story thanks for sharing.

#3 Today, 08:18 AM
Runnin' Ute
Senior Geek Join Date: Feb 2010

I like to to that with some things. Like running gear (shoes etc). While I might on occasion be able to buy for a better price over the net, because of my running club membership I get an automatic 10% off the top. Sure I have to pay sales tax (6.85% where I live) but so what? If with certain e-tailers, I might pay a little less for something, but I get no club discount, and I have to pay shipping. The one I am thinking of likes to use shipping as a profit center. So I still pay comparable or less at my local running store - and I keep him around in the process. If the item I want he doesn't have, or the deal is super amazing then I will go the net route.

But for an item like watches, unless you get a situation like you have found yourself - most times you are going to get a better value on the net.

Brad

#4 Today, 08:23 AM
Hotspur

Refer your local friends to him as well - he'll appreciate it!

#5 Today, 08:31 AM
Russell3
Member Geek Join Date: Dec 2009

Brovo! Way to support the local guy.

Add Russell3 to Your Contacts

#6 Today, 08:32 AM
Rog1
Senior Geek Join Date: Nov 2009

I have a few local dealers that throw me a bone now and then, and I do the same for them!!
R

#7 Today, 08:34 AM
NIGHTHAWK007
Super Geek Join Date: May 2009

Tic tac paddy wac give your local retailer a bone!! Thats a great story... From the OC myself!

#8 Today, 08:38 AM
RenatoDiamond
True WatchGeek Join Date: Dec 2008

Very nice, thanks for sharing your story

#9 Today, 08:43 AM
SeanCM
WatchGeeks Moderator
True WatchGeek Join Date: Apr 2008

We all need a personal dealer to fill our addiction.

Get your Geek on!

#10 Today, 08:48 AM
TimLovesWatches
New Geek Join Date: Dec 2009

I always try to see if a local place will work with me. Mom and Pop places can do that easier than chain stores.

#11 Today, 08:54 AM
JBrawn
Member Geek Join Date: Apr 2009

I go to the same dealer here in Carlsbad, seems like every time I go in there, I blow a grand on watches.

The owner and his brother are amazingly nice guys, and they have really taken good care of me and my family. I have purchased a few higher end-ish (Is that even a word?) watches from him, Hamilton, Seiko, Citizen, and my buddy (EvilChookie here on the forums) has bought a couple Vestal watches from him. Full watch repair with sealing service, too.. just super guys. If we have any other San Diego/North County geeks who want to know more about who they are, PM me, I'll dish. Great guys, and they read the forum here, too.

#12 Today, 08:57 AM
TymeKeepr1
Super Geek Join Date: Jun 2009

Nothing wqrong with a little networking.

#13 Today, 09:11 AM
Panda03Bear
True WatchGeek Join Date: Jul 2009

very cool. now it is fine until you start calling your dealer at 12 am, 1am to get your fix. then you have a problem.

#14 Today, 09:20 AM
glmmlg56
Member Geek Join Date: Jan 2010

I have recently decided that where I can, I am going to support
local retailers for all of my spending.
Obviously the financial well being of my family comes first
but if I am comparing apples to apples, the local retailer will
get my money.

#15 Today, 09:31 AM
BobbyC
Senior Geek Join Date: Feb 2009

I was at the GSP mall in Paramus NJ this past Saturday and when I passed by a kiosk that sold Invictas I stopped to look at their offerings. I saw they had an S1 Sport Racer (not the retrograde movement) with a Venom Orange dial. I really like that watch (I own 5 versions) and my favorite color is orange. I hadn't seen that model on the Shop yet so I thought I would support this vendor if the price was ok - so I asked. I was quoted $400.00. I thanked the man and walked away. It is now listed on the Shop for about half. Guess where I'm buying the watch?

#16 Today, 09:31 AM
scott99
Veteran Geek Join Date: Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professorb
So here is my tale and true by the way!
I went to the local mall (Carlsbad, Ca.by the way) and they had a new store totally devoted to watches. Of course I stopped in with one of my SAN IIIs on my wrist. The green carbon fiber dial with the marine aluminum insert bracelet caught his eye and he asked about it. It turns out he is an Invicta authorized retail dealer and he had not gotten the new models yet. So we struck up a conversation and hit it off. I turned him on to the Geeks and told him I got the watches at Shop NBC, WOW, and Ashford to name a few. Long story short, I now have bought 6 or 7 watches from him. He meets prices where he can and if he is even in the ball park I try to support my local dealer. I recently got a Hamilton X Wind for under $800! Just goes to show that some tales have a happy ending!
Professor B

Can you share a pic of the Hamilton X-wind, That is one of my Holy Grail watches. If you got mine for under $800, I'd be so jealous, lol.

#17 Today, 09:44 AM
Mac97

If I order from WOW or eWatches, I am slapped with tax - so I'd much prefer to support a dealer - but all we have here, mainly, is a JC Penny.

#18 Today, 10:08 AM
erictrumpet
Super Geek Join Date: Nov 2009

This is great, thanks for posting this. But if the MSRP Invicta uses is, in fact, verifiable, then how can a local store match Shop's 99.99% off sale prices? I mean, when Shop has an Invicta with a retail of $9,970 and they sell it for $7.13 or 6 Value Pays of $1.19 each, how can a store match that? (Numbers slightly exaggerated to support my point.) At any rate, if you are choosing to spend a little more (maybe settling for only 97% off MSRP), then kudos to you for supporting your local businessman. I do this when I can, no matter what I buy. Except for Wal Marts and Home Depots, those are "local" stores I never support. Mom & Pop Hardware for me! Am I rambling? Sorry

Eric.

#19 Today, 10:12 AM
Genezilla
Super Geek Join Date: Mar 2008

I live 40 miles from Carlsbad. Can you tell me the name of the dealer and which mall they're located in? Do you get the free Invicta Platinum warranty? Thanks.

#20 Today, 11:48 AM
JBrawn
Member Geek Join Date: Apr 2009

The watch store we use is Timepiece Gallery in the El Camino Real mall in Carlsbad.

Now, note I didn't say I bought Invicta from this gentleman. It's definitely impossible to compete with the Shop. He does go by MSRP, and offers a heavy discount, but definitely higher than I can get elsewhere. Not astronomically high, and it is nice to see them in person. I've come close a couple times, despite the pricing differences. No free platinum warranty, either. But his prices on other brands are STELLAR, and his repair services are above reproach. I've bought 3 Hamiltons, 2 Seikos, and 2 Citizens from him, and he was very competitive price wise, and I will always try and buy from him whenever possible.

My luck, he'll read this and I'll never hear the end of it when I go in next. I tease him about being my drug dealer.

#21 Today, 11:51 AM
My Watch
Senior Geek Join Date: Jan 2010

Good deal I don,t have any up here in N AZ

#22 Today, 11:59 AM
EVIL "X"
Senior Geek Join Date: Feb 2009

Yes!

That's awesome Professorb! It's stories like this that makes WGs such a huge success.

#23 Today, 12:03 PM
socrates
Veteran Geek Join Date: Feb 2010

Great story! You have found a place to do business as well as finding a fellow watch geek and possibly a friend. Good going!

#24 Today, 12:06 PM
OnTime931
New Geek Join Date: Jan 2010

I wish there was a store around me that carried Invictas, that would be so awesome, but the closest I got is a COSTCO that usually carries 2 watches at a time, and for some odd reason they are most of the time Invicta woman's watches....but every time I walk in and see the yellow box i get excited and always check whats inside

#25 Today, 01:04 PM
TUG
Member Geek Join Date: Oct 2008

The kiosk in my local mall told me that they cannot compete with ShopNBC prices. In fact the salesman told me that he buys his personal watches from the Shop and gets a better price than his company discount!

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: The Tale of an Authorized Invicta Dealer

Postby koimaster » April 3rd 2019, 9:34am

for the hell of it.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy