WATCH SHOPPING GUIDE: HONG KONG

WATCH SHOPPING GUIDE: HONG KONG

Postby artman » June 13th 2019, 8:56pm

"THE WATCH SHOPPING CAPITAL OF THE WORLD". EASILY MORE WATCH SHOPS THAN NEW YORK, LONDON AND LAS VEGAS COMBINED.

If you thought Las Vegas, New York or London were really impressive from a watch shopping standpoint, wait till you read this article about Hong Kong, a city that here at WCL we can assertively name: "The watch shopping capital of the world." While Hong Kong is very impressive from many angles, the number of watch shops, watch authorized dealers and watch brand boutiques is simply massive and unlike any other city in the world. After our visit to Hong Kong, we can even venture to say that this city has more watch authorized dealers and watch shops than London, New York and Las Vegas combined. This is something that you can only understand if you are there and you stumble from one authorized dealer to another and another, in just one street block. To put things in perspective about how massive this city is Hong Kong ranks number one in terms of number of skyscrapers worldwide with double the number of skyscrapers of New York City, it is six times larger than Washington D.C. in terms of square miles and has more Rolls Royce cars per person than any other city in the world.

https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.co ... s-combined
artman
Master of Time

Re: WATCH SHOPPING GUIDE: HONG KONG

Postby kevco » June 14th 2019, 5:47am

Too rich for my blood.
kevco
Master of Time

Postby JAS1125 » June 14th 2019, 8:51am

kevco wrote:Too rich for my blood.

Yup....I'd only be doing this

JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby 3Flushes » June 14th 2019, 12:23pm

I had an uncle who traveled to Hong Kong a great deal who loved everything Hong Kong. Cameras, electronics of every order, especially stereo equipment, custom tailored suits etc, and watches. He brought me the first Seiko multi function LCD chrono from HK, AIR a year or more before they hit the states.

I got to spend a week there with him as a birthday present- there really is nowhere on earth like it- I have dreamed since of taking trips back and buying a bunch of Nikon crap, some gold watches, the latest Walkman, and a few suits and so on and so forth. And you know, as fortunes would have it, about 2 1/2 years ago, I actually woke up and smelled the fiscal underachiever.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk