The Bronze Blue Bomber Begins A Pass Around Adventure!!!...

Re: The Bronze Blue Bomber Begins A Pass Around Adventure!!!

Postby Thunder1 » May 13th 2019, 8:37am

OK, the Bronze Blue Bomber is on its' way to The Gerdson...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » May 14th 2019, 4:24pm

biglove wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:
biglove wrote:I would love to join in and give it some Louisiana summer exposure.

Great!!..some of the best from bayou country for this guy..a shame it's too early in the year for a La. Tech or LSU FB experience for it..still, maybe it can make a fishing trip or a grilling session with you and the pups?.. ;)

We have had 12+ tornados in the last three weeks. One did massive damage to the LA Tech baseball stadium. My Alma mater got hurt.

We shall find it some good summer fun though.

Saw this at FB this morning.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby smellody » May 14th 2019, 8:54pm

Pass around? I had a girlfriend like that once. Once.
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » May 24th 2019, 8:06am

The BBB now rests in The Gerdsons hands(or on his wrist?)..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » May 24th 2019, 8:08am

And the adventure begins.
foghorn

Postby Thunder1 » May 24th 2019, 3:07pm

The Bronze Blue Bomber current journey map...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » May 24th 2019, 3:18pm

31,015.4 to go to beat the Admirals mileage,
foghorn

Postby Thunder1 » May 24th 2019, 4:05pm

We shall see, we shall see..
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

The Bomber has landed!

Postby gerdson » May 25th 2019, 10:21pm

Friday morning ten-hundred (after an initial attempt on Monday, where no one was at home). I must say - a very nice watch. :D
Unfortunately I have no time to post a lot yet, been too busy, and today the Bomber will accompany me all day to help with various things at our annual village festival. It has been going on since Tuesday. Stay tuned!
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 25th 2019, 10:35pm

I have no doubt that Herr Gerdenheimer will show the Bomber a fine time in the land of the clog-dancing Danes!!
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: The Bomber has landed!

Postby Pubbie » May 28th 2019, 2:42am

gerdson wrote:Friday morning ten-hundred (after an initial attempt on Monday, where no one was at home). I must say - a very nice watch. :D
Unfortunately I have no time to post a lot yet, been too busy, and today the Bomber will accompany me all day to help with various things at our annual village festival. It has been going on since Tuesday. Stay tuned!

Awesome. Try not to get it covered in egg : )

If it's going to make a few journeys around Yurrup, I'm in. (London/Kent) I don't know what the average tenure is - 10 days, two weeks? - but I'm up for it over the summer. I have a shit ton of straps to try it with too.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Bomber has landed!

Postby Thunder1 » May 28th 2019, 3:44am

Pubbie wrote:
gerdson wrote:Friday morning ten-hundred (after an initial attempt on Monday, where no one was at home). I must say - a very nice watch. :D

Awesome. Try not to get it covered in egg : )

If it's going to make a few journeys around Yurrup, I'm in. (London/Kent) I don't know what the average tenure is - 10 days, two weeks? - but I'm up for it over the summer. I have a shit ton of straps to try it with too.

You're #3 on the list of recipients..
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby gerdson » June 1st 2019, 11:31pm

Dear all
I still owe You... sorry, but I spend little time at home at present due to work.

As written earlier, the Bomber landed safely, and I must admit I like him. So this is the fucking last You will ever hear of him boohaha. I hope to be able to post a couple of pictures later today, and then get ready to pass him on. Due to my workload I have not really been able to do a lot of exciting things, we didn't even make it to the beach (though we love to go there on weekends for walks with the dogs) - so I may need to fake some beach pictures. :3
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby gerdson » June 2nd 2019, 1:56pm

so...

It did actually not take the Bomber too much time to cross the Atlantic. That makes perfectly sense, since he is Airborne, obviously, not tied to the seas and oceans like the Admiral, or - even worse - the late Fieldmarshal who must have gone to the ground (or under it). I must admit it then took another 5 days before I could host him, as Fedex tried to deliver on Monday 20th while I had already left for work - and I could not offer an earlier date than Friday 24th, where I had decided to work from home.

In addition to flying with a premium carrier instead of in a USPS jute bag thrown into a container together with 100 other jute bags, he also arrived in a very comfortably padded box. This is Air Force style through and through (did I ever tell You about that large NATO exercise in Norway, where we had heat blowers in the latrine at our base camp...). :mrgreen: :D

In addition to the padding there was also an extra strap and of course the goddam box.

Here is the box.
Then there was a cover, and then there was still no watch
And a flap to be opened
until at last
Nice!
Size is good - a bit larger then what I normally wear, but still ok. Lovely Dial and something that I had not experienced before: A Lume that is glowing like it spent time at Fukushima. To me as Vintage guy, this is quite impressive.
Straight on to the wrist.

I had bought a new Weber the other day, which came in a zillion pieces and had to be assembled first - that was still on Friday afternoon.
I am not showing the box it came in, but it was like a dream come true (for someone who grew up with Lego and even enjoys to assemble Ikea furniture).
The Bomber and Trude were so kind to help me with the assembly.
Oh wait, what time was that now
There were a lot of pieces.
almost done
Next day I drove down to Hamburg to pick up things. But that was not so exciting.
On the way back home I passed by my mother's place. She was very proud to show the Bomber her garden:
On Sunday I did help out at the "ring riding" at our annual village festival. Ring riding is very popular in Southern Denmark as well as Northern Germany and the Netherlands. It is a kind of Jousting, where the rider has to stick a lance through a ring (a rather tiny ring, probably 1 inch and size getting smaller and smaller for "play offs"). The horse needs to be put into a (slow) gallop when doing so. The ring is hanging on a gallow under which the rider passes.
I think it is idiotic but then I don't ride a horse. I was tasked to gather and put in the results into the computer.
Here is what I got during a break:
Please note that these kind of bratwurst are a Southern Danish specialty, and are also called "ring rider" :mrgreen: .

So far so good. The rest of the Bomber's time here has been rather dull, unfortunately, because of my work load. Right now I am still sitting at our project office, at least with a "happy go live" of another larger project. But I guess no one is interested to see any SAP GUI screens. Anyone? No? Thought so.

I will still host the Bomber a couple of days, but towards end of next week he will board his box again and be shipped to glory old England.
Ardnut since 1989

-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » June 2nd 2019, 2:11pm

A significant accomplishment for the Bronze Blue Bomber, I must say!!..helping to assemble a grill, visiting a garden, and timing horses while they do their thing?..this kind of activity would make Sir Lancelot jealous!!!..
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » June 2nd 2019, 2:45pm

Awesome. And this is just the beginning.
foghorn

Postby artman » June 2nd 2019, 6:25pm

I'm curious to see how well that box holds up.
artman
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » June 2nd 2019, 7:34pm

gerdson wrote:Image

It's amazing that the Bomber got to you with the address all blacked out like that!!

A fantastic photo-essay, Herr Gerdenheimer, one that will be hard to top, goddamn it!
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » June 2nd 2019, 7:52pm

Beer and brats?
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby gerdson » June 4th 2019, 3:27am

biglove wrote:Beer and brats?

Where - at Your place? :D
Ardnut since 1989

-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby biglove » June 4th 2019, 10:41am

gerdson wrote:
biglove wrote:Beer and brats?

Where - at Your place? :D

Fried alligator bites, crawfish and beer (my treat) if you get over here!
"There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever."- Ron White
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby gerdson » June 7th 2019, 7:24am

Thanks a lot, BL! Sorry I could not make it - my wife caught a virus, will spare all for further details (although I know that You may be interested in some of them :mrgreen: ).

So, it's time for me to part with triple-B and I have contacted the most venerable Lord, Sir Mr. Bloke, for shipping details. Looking at my pictures and all comments above (and also revisiting once more the late Field Marshal and the Admiral's adventures), I must once more say: These pass-arounds are both idiotic and hilarious :D

I hope I will be able to ship him (or rather get him airborne) tomorrow.
Ardnut since 1989

-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby gerdson » June 8th 2019, 5:31am

And off he went! Fare ye well!
Ardnut since 1989

-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby gerdson » June 13th 2019, 9:11am

I'd say - have fun with triple-B, MK!
Ardnut since 1989

-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » June 13th 2019, 9:27am

Aaaand, the Bomber has landed! Yay! Some bomber-related tune to go with that...

"What's that, hoomin?"

"Another watch? Oh, no...not again, hoomin!"

"Easy, Angus, it's only here for a week!"
"Ahhh...if you say so, hoomin. OK."

As to the watch itself, let me share a few first impressions...

Wears bigger than my DH 1970...but that's because it is bigger. Still, the lugs are relatively short, so the whole thing is surprisingly compact.
Doesn't look half bad on my wrist (6.7 or thereabouts on a hot day, and it was a bloody hot day today), does it?

Not thick, either:

The photos aren't as good as I usually take, but there will yet be a whole rant review to come, after I've worn it for a day or two.

Oh, and it fucking stained my hand blue. But so far, that's its only shortcoming.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

PreviousNext

Return to Bronze Blue Bomber