The Emergence Of RedBar

The Emergence Of RedBar

Postby Racer-X » December 1st 2018, 4:36am

"When it comes to the watch hobby, it’s a fundamental article of faith for me that it’s really all about the people! In my home area of California, in New York, and elsewhere I’ve had the pleasure of joining up with members of RedBar Group, the rapidly expanding global network of watch enthusiasts founded by Adam Craniotes.

Craniotes was kind enough to chat with me about not only the organizational history of RedBar, but also its current and future business models and how he sees RedBar’s place in the world of watch enthusiasm."

https://quillandpad.com/2018/11/30/the-emergence-of-redbar-a-revealing-conversation-with-watch-collector-network-redbars-group-founder-and-president-adam-craniotes/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Emergence Of RedBar

Postby foghorn » December 1st 2018, 6:46am

Bunch of pretentious fuckers except for Devil Anse.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 1st 2018, 7:33am

Guess this increases the number of assholes named Adam in the community to at least two.

In one pic in that interview... Are they drinking whisky from shot glasses? If so, that's quite fucking uncivilized, and tells me all I need to know about the sodding lot of them.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » December 1st 2018, 8:51am

foghorn wrote:Bunch of pretentious fuckers except for Devil Anse.

TMMLFH.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » December 1st 2018, 8:54am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:In one pic in that interview... Are they drinking whisky from shot glasses? If so, that's quite fucking uncivilized, and tells me all I need to know about the sodding lot of them.

Quite so. The bestest way to get jaked PDQ is straight from the bottle, like a real man. Why, some of those jagoffs are so ghey, they're wearing nail polish!!
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » December 1st 2018, 11:09am

I can't believe those cocksuckers have never invited me to join. Am I not motherfucking classy?
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » December 1st 2018, 12:21pm

conjurer wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:In one pic in that interview... Are they drinking whisky from shot glasses? If so, that's quite fucking uncivilized, and tells me all I need to know about the sodding lot of them.

Quite so. The bestest way to get jaked PDQ is straight from the bottle, like a real man...

Indeed!

From a fifth.

(Or a flask disguised as binocolars at a ballgame or a airshow)
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 1st 2018, 1:11pm

3Flushes wrote:I can't believe those cocksuckers have never invited me to join. Am I not motherfucking classy?

Presumably we’re all more classy fellows than them wankers would want to have as a part of their potty club.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » December 1st 2018, 8:49pm

I joined and went once to the Portland Redbar. It was OK, but I had more fun hanging out with the other Lords who went than the non-Lord members of the club. They seemed to be OK guys, younger, and not really stuck up or anything. I haven't gone again because it's a two and a half hour drive to Portland, and my work schedule rarely allows me to go.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 1st 2018, 10:37pm

Frankly, even the name’s peculiar. I mean, Red Bar? Isn’t that somewhere by the Scargill Pub and Café Lenin?
Francis Urquhart

Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » December 1st 2018, 11:49pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Frankly, even the name’s peculiar. I mean, Red Bar? Isn’t that somewhere by the Scargill Pub and Café Lenin?

Now then, Mr. Bloke; in this thing of ours, sometimes we can veer into the lane of extravagance. Watchlords? Some would say that calling outselves this is nutz. Naturally, they are wrong, but there it is. We know better. If a bunch of guys want to get together and call themselves Redbar, good for them. If some see them as pretentious louts, well, that's their lookout. If they honestly want to further the cause of watches, then they are my brothers. If they are pretentious louts, allow me the first to hammer a Cabriole table leg into their fucking asses.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby codguy » December 2nd 2018, 4:43am

conjurer wrote: If they honestly want to further the cause of watches, then they are my brothers. If they are pretentious louts, allow me the first to hammer a Cabriole table leg into their fucking asses.

Signichure wurthy stuff ritecheer ^

Ima going two borro it.
:wqee:

Mrs. Pacerguy is gonna smell like a catcher's mitt after December 25 - TemerityB
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » December 2nd 2018, 6:48am

conjurer wrote:I joined and went once to the Portland Redbar. It was OK, but I had more fun hanging out with the other Lords who went than the non-Lord members of the club. They seemed to be OK guys, younger, and not really stuck up or anything. I haven't gone again because it's a two and a half hour drive to Portland, and my work schedule rarely allows me to go.

2 1/2 hours??? I wouldn't drive 2 1/2 hours even if Avi was allowing a hands on inspection of her XO skeleton.

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby JAS1125 » December 2nd 2018, 5:06pm

conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:Bunch of pretentious fuckers except for Devil Anse.

TMMLFH.

Me too, once I googled him
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Return to General Watch talk