Tinder for Watches?

Tinder for Watches?

Postby Racer-X » December 1st 2018, 4:24am

"A new matchmaking service for watch geeks has hit the U.S. market. WatchAdvisor, a Swiss-based watch database company, is bringing WatchTinder to American watch enthusiasts through its new partnership with authorized watch e-tailer Troverie. The online database has been a source for collectors and watch clients to explore, select, and purchase authorized watches through selected European retailers, but now WatchAdvisor can connect its American perusers to watches available stateside through Troverie.

Like the dating app Tinder, WatchTinder makes a match based on some brief preferences resulting, in this case, in the perfect partner in time. Unlike the dating service, WatchTinder connects clients to their watch matches through a series of lifestyle questions. Watch hunters start by selecting their preferred types of watches according to categories ranging from sailing, motor sport, and diving to more out of the box options like gambling and even “erotic watches” (who knew?)."

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-collector/tinder-for-watches-get-matched-with-a-timepiece-2831077/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Tinder for Watches?

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 1st 2018, 7:51am

Ughhh, Tinder... The only time I used it, I've been matched with a raving lunatic. She wouldn't stop talking of Starbucks, and mentioned she wouldn't date anyone not wearing skinny jeans (ones with no room for the plums). That I couldn't abide, and I haven't used the app since.
His deepest need was that people should like him. An admirable trait, that... In a spaniel, or a whore.
Francis Urquhart

May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.
Voltaire
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 1st 2018, 7:56am

Silly inventors. You don't need a Tinder watch here in NYC to get laid. A Rolex works just fine.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » December 1st 2018, 7:57am

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby gerdson » December 1st 2018, 7:59am

idiotic.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Hawk » December 1st 2018, 11:22am

Thus 2018 will be remembered as the year one can blame a wristwatch for that mysterious case of the clap.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
Hawk
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk