Talking Watches With David Robinson

Talking Watches With David Robinson

Postby koimaster » November 12th 2018, 3:39pm

A fixture of both the San Antonio Spurs and '90s professional basketball, David Robinson, aka “The Admiral,” is one of the most dominant centers to have ever played the game. Standing seven-foot-one, Robinson had a 14-year NBA career spent entirely with the Spurs. During that time, he won Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, and league MVP, not to mention being a scoring champion, rebound leader, block leader, and a 10-time All-Star. And oh yeah, he was instrumental in the Spurs winning two NBA Championships too.

Want more? Ever hear of “The Dream Team”? In 1992, Robinson was part of the United States Men’s Basketball team for the Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain. Robinson and his teammates, who included Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Scottie Pippen, Patrick Ewing, and Michael Jordan, unsurprisingly took home the gold medal that year.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/talki ... d-robinson

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Talking Watches With David Robinson

Postby TemerityB » November 12th 2018, 4:30pm

I saw this when it was first posted. Both here and elsewhere, I've never seen a greater athlete that seems more like a humble, down-to-earth person than David Robinson. A Navy veteran, too; one of all time favorites.
I would rather be seen wearing an Invicta than a Hublot - at least I can explain away the Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Talking Watches With David Robinson

Postby Thunder1 » November 12th 2018, 5:15pm

I just knew, I just knew, he'd be a bigtime chrono fan...one of my all time favorite Spurs, yes, he's a tremendous person as well..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Return to General Watch talk