Best Law Enforcement Watches?

Best Law Enforcement Watches?

Postby Racer-X » November 3rd 2018, 11:21am

"Much has been written, said, and suggested about the best type of police officer watches or military timepieces. Now, never having served in the military, I will not pretend to know what type of watch would best suit a soldier in any given environment. However, being in law enforcement for almost 20 years, and having worked in various units throughout my particular department, I think I can at least offer some insight into the world of law enforcement watches and the type of timepieces that may serve a police officer well given their particular assignment.

As a police officer, things can change, sometimes at a moment’s notice. Tastes, assignments, family dynamics, etc. With those changes, I don’t think it would be fair to make the “one watch fits all” claim. Rather my approach to this series of articles would be to offer up my experiences within my department, and which watches I feel might best suit similar assignments. I would also like to try and illustrate how, as a police officer, you could still enjoy this hobby while pursuing a level of watch enthusiasm that expresses your particular taste and keeps within the constraints of your budget and assignment."

Part 1
http://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/best-law-enforcement-watches-police-academy-and-patrol/

Part 2
http://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/best-law-enforcement-watches-specialized-units/
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Best Law Enforcement Watches?

Postby Ofcmark » November 3rd 2018, 10:28pm

Majority of my career I’ve always wore Luminox, a Hamilton and a Seiko orange monster
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » November 4th 2018, 8:55am

Ofcmark wrote:Majority of my career I’ve always wore Luminox, a Hamilton and a Seiko orange monster

And so it is written, by our own WLs peace officer.
I checked you out, and I now want you to take the journey to lick my taint. It's small, but vast.

--Temerity, to Mr. Neckbeard.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » November 4th 2018, 3:28pm

conjurer wrote:
Ofcmark wrote:Majority of my career I’ve always wore Luminox, a Hamilton and a Seiko orange monster

And so it is written, by our own WLs peace officer.

Yeah, I'll buy that. The Luminox makes a lot of sense in that field (BTW, here in NYC, for some reason, I'm seeing Luminox TV ads all the time these days; don't know why, just am, mostly on news and sports shows).
Proof that quartz is still not only viable, but sometimes, something to covet: Grand Seiko.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk